iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

So Where is _ _ _ _ _ _?

Started by Jeff, May 18, 2014, 01:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Really happy that you're doing so well, dtody.

Good to hear you have equipment and family to help you out!

Stay busy, but don't overdo it!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Welcome back. I had an uncle that had triple bi-pass at your age. The miracles of a surgeon's scalpel.  Nice that you can borrow the younguns for awhile and return them later. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Wow, new heart, new mill tractor logs ... grandsons to run around for ya... You, sir,  have it made now!!!    8)  Welcome back!
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Shotgun

You've been through a lot. As I think of that miracle of life that you've received, I am truly happy for you. smiley_applause
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Warbird

Howdy folks.  Hope you're all well.  Life has been moving very swiftly for the family and I.  We're doing very well and are extremely busy.  I never did get a sawmill but still do basic woodworking around the house as time allows.  I pray you've all been well and are still doing well!  I see the weather thread is still going strong - good to know weather is still happening.  :D 

Roxie

I've missed you Warbird!  Good to hear from you.   :)
Say when

submarinesailor

@Warbird - I was wondering about you just the other day.  Hope all is well with you and yours.

Bruce

Jeff

I stalk him on facebook to make sure he's okay. :D ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Magicman

It's so good to hear from you, so try not to be a stranger in the future.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Saga and drama gets near the same at times regardless of location,  personally I have always enjoyed warbirds posts,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

TreesLogan

Visions of getting lost in the woods and deciding not to come back are what came to mind when I saw this thread. On a plus note Im glad to know if I disappear after a few years of being on here that you may start looking for me.  8)
When you wake up and realize you sarificed your passion for a dollar that never came. At least I am awake now. http://www.treeserviceloganut.com

IMERC

wellllll...
(that can be a deep subject)...
found my way back...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

sandman2234

My path seldom leads me into the woods, but I do wander in as a guest to read the words of wisdom given by these members.
  Hope all are well,
    David from jax

dgdrls

Took some time off the board recently, the wood gods did not smile on me this season and my career work has asked for all my time this year.   I'll revisit my priorities this winter and decide my sawing path in the spring.  Still catching the board just in much smaller doses, 

Be well FF,  you are fantastic bunch and I'm very thankful for all of you,

D

Florida boy

We survived the hurricane . I was wondering about @pcurbansawyer, panama city is devastated.  I hope and pray all our members came out unscathed as we did. I Thank God for saving our lives and homes. 

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Warbird

Hellos from Alaska.  :) 

Had a 3-day weekend for Mother's Day so took the family way out into the wilderness.  Very busy being a dad, an Alaskan, and working the new job but we're doing amazingly well.  Very blessed.  I think of you guys often and hope everyone is well.

Jeff

@Warbird  The first thing I thought was, why do they have a clown nose on that dog. OH! That's his tongue. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

It's great to "see" you.  Your son has really grown.  :)
Say when

Magicman

Wow, good to see you James and also that peek of Jay.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warbird

Thanks!  We were out for a 3-day weekend.  The Mrs. headed back into town Sunday evening and me and the boy went exploring.  Found our very own lake.  Didn't see another human for 24+ hours.

Jeff, I gotta say I really like the interface for adding photos. Much better than back inn the olden days.   ;D

SwampDonkey

High fiver from over on the other glaciated coast. Yep, I still see a patch of snow on an elevated field. It's in a NE orientation (aspect) and the sun doesn't hit as hard.

Nice clear lake. Any fish there? ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Warbird

There were lots of fish, we got a few nibbles, but no bites.  It's a stocked lake but still very early.  On Saturday, the lake was more than half covered with ice.  By Sunday afternoon, it was less than 1/4 covered.  We'll be going back at some point.  ;) 

Busy Beaver Lumber

To Jeff and all our Forestry Forum fiends. I appreciate this topic more than i can say and appreciate the discreteness observed by all members with regards to people that have been away for a while. Such has certainly be the case for Mrs. Beaver and I.

In the tail end of 2018, her and i both had gastric sleeve surgery. Mine went well and i have dropped from 358 to a much lighter and more fit 238 pounds. I feel great and had no complications at all. Unfortunately such was not the case for Kristina. Almost from the start, she had complication and difficulty with recovery, most recently being hospitalized and near death form a PICC feeding tube that became infected and spread Sepsis throughout her body. The ER said she was within a day or so of dying had we not got her to the hospital. By the grace of God she got top notch care and is starting to improve. She has lost and amazing 135 pounds as well.

During this time we put our sawmill business on hold as well as many other business activities as we struggled to get Kristina back to health. I promise to be more dillegent and check in more frequently with the forum as we love and respect each and every one of you.

Kind regards to you all and look forward to seeing you all in August at the pig roast.

Fred AKA Busy Beaver
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Thank You Sponsors!