Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

Those are some fine, fine looking raised beds, BB!👍
Too many irons in the fire

ehp

Barge they keep telling us the market sucks BUT the mill is shipping every piece of lumber it can cut and the log yard is showing, the 1 yard is down to 1 1/2 million feet in it which is pretty low now were going into summer when a lot of guys do not work . High grade maple veneer and I'm talking the real high grade is down but the mid grade veneer and rotary is the same as ever, my top grade sawlogs is up $150/1000 over last year . Only tree really  sucking here is Black oak , yep can sell every log of it I can cut but its not good coin . Did you get pounded with rain like we did. Guess like 4 inches so far in this rain storm

BargeMonkey

Ed it's nothing but the crying down here, I'm going to see how another buyer does here in a bit, if not I'm going to just park stuff for a while. 

Bearing, hoses, rebuilt swing motor again. Swap stick while its apart. 

Corley5

The market for 100 inch sugar maple sawbolts up here is such that they  can be bought for slightly more than 100 inch mixed hardwood pulp.  Had this 18.2 cord load dropped off Friday.  Should have another this Friday or early next week.  Easily worth the extra $$$  8) 8). They'll make firewood fast 8)

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Corley5

Mark's putting the finishing touches on his new truck.  It's a tri-drive ;D 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

mike_belben

Well that things got enough axles for two trucks down here!
Praise The Lord

Resonator

That's because it can haul the weight of 2 trucks. (160,000# in Michigan.)
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

cutterboy

Mike, when I was about your boy's age I was driving a tractor like that doing the haying on the farm. In fact, it might have been the same tractor. :D That ole smokey tractor could be handy in the woods to keep the black flies away. :D
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

cutterboy

Mike, after rereading my last post I realized it might be taken wrong. I was not making fun of the tractor. I love old tractors. I run an old tractor in the woods and it has done very well for me.
 BTW, I'm glad to see that you let your boy learn how to drive a tractor. So many parents these days are afraid to let their kids do anything without holding their hand. I was thrilled when my dad taught me to drive a tractor. But of course, then he put me to work. :D 
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

mike_belben

LoL. I definitely wouldnt be able to get huffy about someone calling that thing smoky.  

The boy has driven a peterbilt, a wheel loader, dozer, and a pile of tractors  We already flipped one together actually.  Only thing i wont let him run yet is the bobcat.  

And honestly, hes pretty spoiled.  I forgot that contentment is impossible for a 6 yr old. I will probably never get him to pick up a shovel. 
Praise The Lord

Maine logger88

Clearing some more gravel pit after hand cutting off and on all spring I forgot how much easier they fall when sitting behind glass

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Skeans1

@Maine logger88
It's so much nicer having the chainsaw carry you isn't it?

Maine logger88

BargeMonkey

Some wicked view off the top of this, about 100 trees to go and I'm done. 

Some wicked ground, keep banging wood out. 

Someone please convince me that I don't need a older cable skidder 🤣 

Moving iron for the real loggers 🤣 

One truck to another, 

I bought a 572.... yes it's a wicked cutting saw... when it decides to start... I've got 6x 372s and I'm just going to keep rebuilding them till theirs nothing left... buy an echo before I buy another autotune saw. 

BargeMonkey

Low fuel prices ALL YR...🤣🤣🤣.... enjoy it while you got it. Gas has been creeping up .04-.06 per day for 2wks, you just don't see it at the pump. I will be 1.99 this weekend, 2.49 on diesel and premium, won't happen again for a long time, I'm even cutting Stewart's throat on this one. Watch 9k gal just walk out of the tank on sat / sun. 

barbender

Hey Barge- you don't need another old cable skidder.😁
Too many irons in the fire

teakwood

Hey Barge- you don't need another old cable skidder.😁

Eric, just buy some real saws and be done with it! MS 462
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Maine logger88

Hey barge you probably need another cable skidder ;D

mike_belben

So crude crashed just long enough for the frackers to lay off.  But not long enough for the pumps to stay low.  Magine that.
Praise The Lord

stavebuyer

I have no intention of cutting these until the market comes back but here are a few walnut sticks ranging from 32"to 40" dbh. Photographic proof that the mythical Highly Valuable Black Walnut tree does in fact exist!!

Skeans1

Quote from: mike_belben on May 22, 2020, 10:01:45 AM
So crude crashed just long enough for the frackers to lay off.  But not long enough for the pumps to stay low.  Magine that.
We're still getting it cheap out here

Walnut Beast

Quote from: stavebuyer on May 22, 2020, 11:26:07 AM
I have no intention of cutting these until the market comes back but here are a few walnut sticks ranging from 32"to 40" dbh. Photographic proof that the mythical Highly Valuable Black Walnut tree does in fact exist!!

Impressive! I've got a few like that but most of my other monster walnuts branch out a little lower than that. 

nativewolf

@stavebuyer Now that's a nice stick or two!  We cut about 200 in 2018/19 like that, a bit smaller for most.  We sold it for $4/bdft+ standing but  it had a bit of peck, wormy.  The best butt logs were resold for $16/bdft before they had been bucked.  

Low grade walnut is definitely a bit off but your quality should still be ok.  What's your price target in KY for something that nice?
Liking Walnut

doc henderson

Stave, can you tap low in the winter and make syrup, then sell/cut them in the future?  @stavebuyer
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!