iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sorta solar kiln

Started by OlJarhead, September 23, 2019, 12:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlJarhead

Finished off my 3rd piece.  I noticed a very slight bit of movement in the piece overnight though (I think -- unless it wasn't quite flat after the 1st session) and shimmed it with some sand paper, finished planing/jointing and then flipped and planed the first side again just that little bit.  Lots of nice figure, which probably resulted in the slight movement.  

Here's hoping it settled down.  A friend of mine was big into Japanese carpentry and explained that no matter what you do it will move.  The question is, he says, can you work with the wood and what it wants to do  :D ya, not likely.  I'll stop at some point and super glaze that sucker and attach steel legs and move on ;)

2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

doc henderson

I think rustic allows for a little movement, not meant to be perfect.  if you keep it you re-flatten it 3 years from now if needed.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!