iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need a mushroom fix when they are not in season?

Started by Compensation, February 16, 2013, 08:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compensation

Take 1 can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup
1 sleeve of unsalted saltine crackers smashed up
1 beaten egg.

Mix together and put small blobs on the skillet. After the bottom is cooked, flip and smoosh down. They not only look like mushrooms but taste close enough for a quick fix.
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

Cedar Savage

"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

Leigh Family Farm

Never heard of this. That might be because I live near the mushroom capital of the US, Kennett Square, PA. Mushrooms are always in season around here, and apparently so is the manure smell.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

DanG

Kilgrosh, y'all have the largest mushroom farm in the country, and the second largest is right up the road from me about 10 miles.  A good friend of mine grows some of their fancy stuff for them on his own little farm.  Too bad I don't care for 'shrooms, eh? :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Compensation

I don't think we are talking about the same mushrooms are we lol. I stay away from the other ones since i don't have 45 mins to stare at a blue telephone wire again. Nor want to have a upset stomach from eating one of everything in the produce department peel and all. *DanG shinny fruit and its extremely vibrant colors.
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

With much respect to all......I just cannot eat a mushroom.  steve_smiley
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

First grits, now mushrooms.  Where will it all end  ???.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawguy21

Bring em on!!! With a juicy burger and melted cheese.  8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Leigh Family Farm

Quote from: Compensation on February 19, 2013, 06:20:42 PM
I don't think we are talking about the same mushrooms are we lol. I stay away from the other ones since i don't have 45 mins to stare at a blue telephone wire again. Nor want to have a upset stomach from eating one of everything in the produce department peel and all. *DanG shinny fruit and its extremely vibrant colors.

No not those shrooms! Regular mushrooms you buy in the grocery store are grown in these long warehouses filled with trays of compost dirt and manure. During the summer most of Chester County smells like a combination between a horse stall and a cow pasture. 

There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Compensation

Ohh yeah like dirty jobs. Lol I was just thinking cow pies and mushrooms hahaha.

So has anyone tried this yet? I like it, about the closest taste to the real deal that i have found.

dail_h

World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Thank You Sponsors!