iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Resizing smart phone photos

Started by barbender, September 27, 2014, 06:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

I was having trouble loading photos off of my Samsung S5, then I noticed Jeff mention elsewhere that newer smartphones are taking huge file size pictures. I looked into it more, and that was my problem. So my question is, what would be the best way to resize my photos? I remember upoading photos the old way off of the computer, and the forum program resized them. I can't remember how to do it, or don't know how to do it on my phone. I did resize one with the phones photo edit, but it was kind of a hack job ::) I thought I might be missing something obvious, as I have a tendency to do :)
Too many irons in the fire

beenthere

I'd suggest looking for a "resize" tab to click on your pics, and then see if you can change the pixels (usually horizontal and vertical, and I change the larger of the two to 1200). Don't change the "file size", but change the pixels.
Then you can either "save" or "save as" a new file.
I'd rather send a smaller file in an email too, and these huge files are not much use to anyone except those who want to blow up pics to wall sizes (IMO).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

clearcut

There are a number of photo resizing applications on the Google Play store. Search for Batch Photo Resizer. I do this kind of thing on my computer so I do not have a specific app recommendation.

I would look for one that is highly rated and has a large number of installs.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Jeff

I have a new S5 and so far I've not had an issue with uploading, but only did it a couple times. Actually, maybe only once. I guess I don't have an answer on how to resize unless you can find an app to do it. I'll look my phone over and see if I can see an easy option.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

barbender

I'll try what BT suggested. I can resize them on the phone, but I was just guessing as to what was small enough. I may have to check out the available apps as well.
Too many irons in the fire

thechknhwk

thechknhwk

Woops, I guess you already said that.