iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

peaveys dont need to be pretty etc

Started by coastlogger, February 19, 2010, 01:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastlogger

Thought Id try posting some pics   again.My peaveys or cant hooks are sadly not logrites. They do stand up well tho and can be run over without significant harm. Smaller one is i believe courtesy of a Ford Fairlane axle,larger one incorporates some drive shaft tube poss off same vehicle I dont remember back 20 yrs that well.Other photo is a forklift I bought at the junkyard $400 complete with Kubota 3 cyl DIESEL engine. Had thought of putting engine on mill but have found umpteen uses for a forklift instead.Duals on front make it a good mud forder
clgr

clgr

Chuck White

Looks to me like those peaveys do the job ok, or they wouldn't be around!
I have a couple cant hooks and peaveys that I've acquired over the years, and I do have one Logrite too.
A friend turned out a 42" handle for one of my peaveys which had a cracked handle.  Made it out of hard maple, so it should hold up.
That one needs to get some pitch on it, friend sanded it really nice, but it's hard to get a grip on it.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

pitotshock

Stihl MS361, Makita DCS340

Thank You Sponsors!