iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shop Visitors . . .

Started by TexasTimbers, October 26, 2008, 06:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Dave Shepard

Neat! I've never seen any of those around here. They look like they are from another planet. :D What are those timbers? They look an awful lot like white pine.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DanG

Let them pray, TT.  You can use all the help you can get! ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

tyb525

Do praying mantis like ambrosia maple? Or is that even what that is.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

ScottAR

Hate it when the mother in law shows up...
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Cedarman

Haven't seen very many this year.  Other years quite a few.

Looks like boxelder.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Ironwood

I brush hogged the fields a month ago, they were flying by the 100's, neat site.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

TexasTimbers

We have a bunch of them down here every year. They don't spook very easily unless you touch them, then they don't usually fly very far before landing again. They have confidence in their camouflage. Their color changes close to their environment (it is limited, I mean I doubt they could turn red like a streak in the wood), they remain extremely still so are hard to detect if you don't happen to look right at them, and when they are in a tree or on the ground with twigs and leaves you can forget about spying it. They are really cool critters.

DanG as usual you found humor where others might not. :)

Yes it is boxelder.

cheyenne

In the words of Willie Nelson----All the ex's live in texas.....Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

SPIKER

I have a good number on the farm & when I brush hog, you can always tell the smart ones will get out of the way!   I have had them fly out into the already mowed part wait till you go by then get into the trees or shrubs ect.   It is hard to believe that bugs are smart and not sure if they are but I tell ya the ones I got at the farm sure seem to be thinking AHH CR@$%(& here comes the mower RUNNN!!!  :D ;D   I have had them fly up and onto the tractor on hood ect. set there until I go by a tree then hop off  too  ::)  Sure makes me wonder!
Mark M
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

TexasTimbers

Quote from: cheyenne on October 28, 2008, 07:19:34 PM
In the words of Willie Nelson----All the ex's live in texas.....Cheyenne

I think it was written by George Strait. He's the one who sang it I do know that.

But you lost me on the comment. Maybe you're saying one of your ex's could be this praying mantis? If so tell me her name so I don't offend her by calling her Lucy because that is what I named her. She's been hanging around lately . . . . 

Thank You Sponsors!