Sponsors:

Faux Cordwood Wall

Started by Jeff, April 23, 2016, 08:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

It's holding up really well.
20240510_143951.jpg
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

It looks great! I just noticed the bench in that photo. I believe those are the identical castings on the one I am restoring right now in the shop.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on May 10, 2024, 06:10:21 PMIt looks great! I just noticed the bench in that photo. I believe those are the identical castings on the one I am restoring right now in the shop.
Looks, good Boss. Greenhorn I have 3 or 4 of them from the dump. Just needs wood and some paint.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Old Greenhorn

Well, if you want to get rid of them, bring em to the pig roast and we'll make a FF deal. ffcheesy :thumbsup:
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Jeff

That bench I restored once. It used to be at the cemetery with a plaque for Tammy's Dad. The wood rotted off of it within 3 or 4 years. I had some whiteoak cut for it. It stays here now.

thecfarm

There is a garage that I go to, that has one laid up in a heap. At least both pieces are together. This heap is about 8 feet wide and 50 feet long. It's on the right as you go into the garage.
I asked about a trike that was sinking into the ground. I asked about it for the wife's flower bed. He said his wife wanted it for the same reason. Probably will be there 20 years from now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Resonator

Like the cut out sawblade! :thumbsup:
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Old Greenhorn

OK Jeff. I think that explains what appears to be a little brass plate in the lower center of the back.
 I tell you those benches with the casting for the back are mighty heavy to move around. I was going to bring mine to shows and try to sell it, but now I am re-thinking it. Hard to manage by myself. I used ERC thinking it might last longer.
 This was the first one I've seen with 3 pieces, the back was new to me. But now I am seeing them everywhere, so I guess I just wasn't paying attention. :wink_2:
 Anyway, yours looks perfect in that spot.

Jeff

Quote from: Resonator on Yesterday at 08:10:14 AMLike the cut out sawblade! :thumbsup:

Jeremy, you didn't see it when you were here before?  That was a retirement gift for some poor guy that worked in a sawmill his entire life. All the guys signed this broken sawblade.  Had a big Crack in the plate. Non repairable. The guy was not thrilled by my understanding, and left it where it was given to him. My old boss got it in an auction and gave it to me. I drew out the trees and had a place plasma cut it.  

Jeff

Resonator

Must of missed it, I will make sure to check it out in August! :thumbsup:
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Thank You Sponsors!