Sponsors:

066 muffler

Started by nfp, August 31, 2001, 08:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nfp

is there anything that can be done,short of a custom $120.00 muffler
Walkerize,Madensize,to help heat desapation. before cyber travel
there had to be more holes drilled into muffler or something? what is
the difference between magnum, and reg 066 muffler? i have the mag.
066. this saw is used on sawmill so i took out spark screen.does the
timming of a 2stroke have to do w/backpressure? what do the pros
think? thanks nfp

nfp

well ive got good advice all over cyber space, guess the same pro are on the other forums also. the   'o'  looks like i put everyone asleep asking the same questions. later nfp

Jeff

I am not sure of the meaning of your messages on our forum.  Are you trying to slam it? or do I misunderstand you? The chainsaw section is very new, and it does not have a lot of experts to answer your questions. If someone that looked at it knew the answer, they would have answered it.

If you want to make remarks because of your impatience, do it else where. If I have some how misunderstood your message content I apologize.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gordon

NFP, I read your post but don't know a bunch about stihls so I kept my mouth shut. I've just read your post as well about your bar tip.

In that post you said that Mike Rupley found it for you. Well if you need the info on the 66 he should be able to help you as well. If he can't his brother sure can. He also rebuilds and hops them up as well. They both run hotsaws so they know first hand about heat and how to get rid of it.

The last 28" bar a bought off of Mike made me really laugh when I opened the box. He had it painted black with a number three painted on it. A class act. :D

But if you want my two cents on the 066 the cheapest and smartest thing to do if she is running too hot is to adjust the carb. On the high setting turn out until she starts to four cycle then turn it in 1/16 of a turn this will put it alittle rich. A lean running saw runs too darn hot and to hot explodes. Make sure the cooling fins are clean as well. Blow off with airhose.

Also on the muffler you can take away some of the backpressure but it's good to have some. The reason there is so much more on todays saws is because of emissions. So you could alter the muffler as well. Drill a couple of holes in it to relieve some of that pressure, rip out the guts, cut another port in it.----- Now a disclaimer, if you blow up your saw because of trying what I just wrote your on your own. You mileage may vary.
Gordon

Kevin

I have no expertise in small engines just the general stuff that goes along with running a saw.
The bar I searched for a few times and came up empty, I know these questions were asked on other forums and the response was the same until just recently the questions were answered by someone that had the answers.
Sometimes it just takes a little time and patience.

nfp

well, you did misunderstand me. alot of pros visite  the forums i post on. i was just trying  to thank them for there advice. i would never slam anyone that was trying to help me. i didnt want the pros that allready gave me advice ,on another forum, to think i wasnt taking there advice. the 'o' was in jest meaning i was putting everyone asleep by putting same question on 4 forums sorry i stepped on alot of toes, im not real smart, just a dumby from tn. nfp

Tom

No problem nfp, thanks for the clarification.  

When it's only typing and someone is trying to be brief, it's difficult to read the emotions behind the statement and easy to interpret it as curt.

This Forum is not known for fussing, arguing and mean spirited statements and I don't know of anyone who carries conversations back and forth from other forums to this one.  We write such as to keep everyone here informed in the whole conversation.  If an expert saw your question here and on another forum and was one of our members, we would expect him to just answer again here and not be aggravated because he saw it somewhere else.  That's not what we are about.

Thanks for being a member and posting your question here because we learned from it too.  I didn't know a Sagi Hari bar existed and may have learned something whether I needed to or not.  :D  

Come on back and post some more. You undoubtedly have chainsaw information of which we may all benefit and TN. has no dummies.

Jim Spencer  from Washing

Hi I have been reading some of your posts and thought you may have a Logosol Chain Saw Mill.
I am seriously thinking of buying one.
Do you know anything about them???
I need all the advise I can get.

Some of your posts seem to indicate that you may have a Wood-Mizer and maybe for sale??
I need a small portable very bad and seriously thinking about the Logosol.
Jim

Thank You Sponsors!