iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

case articulated wheel loaders

Started by 1countryboy, February 28, 2020, 04:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1countryboy

I am looking for opinions of the difference between case type wheel loaders(cab on front) vs Allis Chalmers type (cab on rear with the engine).   I have always had AC type, but are a lot more Case out there (tail wagers). How do they handle?  

My loader is used for everything from moving bales, firewood logs, loading my processor, moving logs to my mill, loading manure, rocks and anything else I can lift or push:D :D.

I know the Allis Chalmers just don t know that much about the Case.  W14, thru W20.   I need to be able to transport it on my trailer legal at 8'6" and under 25,000 trailer.   Like to hear your input.   
Ohio Certified Tree Farm, Ohio Centennial Farms, Ashland County Soil Conservation Award., USDA/ASCS/FSA forest management(TSI) 1963 to present, retired educator, NOT retired farmer and a real farm shop to fix all my old equipment.

Autocar

W14's were and still popular with guys in western Ohio so I would think you would be well pleased with one. I worked on one here a few years back and there a pretty simple machine.
Bill

WV Sawmiller

I don't know if these are the same or similar to what our MHE folks in USMC used but the only articulated fork lifts I remember were a joy to watch. I think they were limited to 4K and larger ones were what I consider normal forklifts. The articulated ones were fast and maneuverable with sort of balloon tires and when we broke camp and everybody turned the gear in to me they were the ones I wanted to get me loaded. I would think they would be a wicked log mover with a grapple. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

OH logger

I agree with autocar. I have a w-14 and love it. I also have a 521D and love it too. Both way more simple than the competitors loaders. I have an older Deere 444. Way harder to get to components and do regular maintenance. I'm tryin to sell it in fact. Those case loaders will run circles around that Deere. Case is very reasonably priced too. W-14s are hard to come by. They're gettin older and most of em r beat to death. Those two case loaders of mine articulate 2 different ways meaning one in front of cab and one behind cab. Makes me no difference. I had a guy tell me the problem with the cab being in front of the center joint is that when your goin in reverse you never know which way your goin and which way your rear end is. It doesn't bother me though 
john

1countryboy

Good Information.   Never drove one with the Cab in front.  My AC 840 is cab on rear with the engine.   Very simple, and great machine.   But, very hard to find any Allis Chalmers wheel loaders 840,940, 545 s.  Case is more available.   Biggest problem is/was brakes.  Found supplier for lots of Case parts.   Broken Tractor.com in La. and an Amish supplier in rural Holmes County, Ohio.  (Paint Valley).  
Ohio Certified Tree Farm, Ohio Centennial Farms, Ashland County Soil Conservation Award., USDA/ASCS/FSA forest management(TSI) 1963 to present, retired educator, NOT retired farmer and a real farm shop to fix all my old equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!