iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Have to do it

Started by Peter Drouin, November 15, 2021, 06:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

The bearing went bad, It had to come apart.

Some wheels were not square after hitting bark or knots. So I use a pointed bar to bring the steel plate back.

This one had to come down some. Not much adjustment on the offset bolts.

I'll have it all together in an hr. 
Looks like more rain today.  ::)
Happy I have over 300' of roof over me.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Stephen1

I bet pulling that all apart makes it easier to understand how it all works. I always have troubles when it comes to adjusting. 
a roof is nice especially this time of year.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

terrifictimbersllc

Done that with my lt40 super. Good to not be in a hurry with that job. 

The LT70 super has easier adjusting for that, no cam bolts anymore but hitting the guide arm or setting the blade or debarker on a cant is still$$$. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Peter Drouin

Just when I thought it was going to be easy.

Happy, I had a replacement on a shelf.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Nomad

Peter, you're right about that plate being out of whack.  Those adjustments are hard enough to make when everything is square.  It's DanG near impossible when one of those cams is out of alignment.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

YellowHammer

That adjustment is a pain.  I remember I spent hours on it one time, and later found that a cam bolt was badly bent by me putting too much wrench in it, which only made it worse.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Crossroads

Definitely my least favorite adjustment 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Thank You Sponsors!