iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skid steers

Started by Redhorseshoe, October 21, 2021, 11:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowHammer

I thought this was kind of funny, I was moving some long logs because I was too lazy to make two trips, and I got them all in one gulp.  However, I was having to thread them between the power pole and building, so filmed it in case I tore something down.  I didn't, thankfully.

However, this shows off the lifting power of a small compact track loader, it didn't even strain.  I was just trying not to hit anything. :D :D :D

A Few Sticks for the Sawmill - YouTube
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Walnut Beast

They told the dealers at the dealer meeting to keep things quiet but about a hour after and the cat was out of the bag

711ac

I kinda view Yanmar as Tackiuchi's un recognized twin brother in terms of quality. 
I've only had one little YM tractor many years ago (336D) but it was a very good machine. I've been running my Gehl with a YM 4 cyl and it's been flawless for 20 years. 

fluidpowerpro

Yanmar now owns ASV so it's likely an ASV with a new paint job.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

barbender

I was wondering about that, FPP...I thought Yanmar purchased ASV with the idea that their products would fill the gap in Yanmar's lineup so I'm kind of surprised to see this. I'd have to compare it side by side to the ASV to see if it's just rebadged, or a new product.
Too many irons in the fire

YellowHammer

From the picture, it doesn't have the ASV track system that I can see, more of the conventional Deere/Kubota system.
YellowHammerisms:

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Resonator

The overhanging engine-hood behind the cab looks like the ASV design.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Walnut Beast

I'm sure they want to bring the price point down with the rigid track system and compete for more market share with the two offerings.   

The new ASV 135 has many things going on guys are furious about now. The guys that have them mulching love them but many problems with first model year. Some guys are actually selling them and keeping their 120s and looking for more 120s to add and staying away from the 135 until they get all the bugs worked out. 

barbender

Yes, the rigid undercarriage is different. Otherwise it looks a lot like an ASV VT70.

Walnut Beast

Guys are saying it is on a larger frame 

YellowHammer

Never get the first year version....
YellowHammerisms:

newoodguy78

Couldn't agree more Yellowhammer

customsawyer

My only experience with Yanmar is the engine swap I did on the extended mill back in '09 or '10. That little engine has done everything I have asked from it and then some. Other than regular maintenance a front main seal is all it has needed. If the rest of their equipment is as good as that engine has been I would buy one in a heartbeat.  
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

jpassardi

The early compact John Deere tractors were built by Yanmar. I have a 1990 with a 2 Cyl Yanmar, 4x4 and it's definitely more rugged built than a newer comparable size Deere. Low hours, I use it only to mow and it's been top notch.
LT15 W/Trailer, Log Turner, Power Feed & up/down
CAT 416 Backhoe W/ Self Built Hydraulic Thumb and Forks
Husky 372XP, 550XPG, 60, 50,   WM CBN Sharpener & Setter
40K # Excavator, Bobcat 763, Kubota RTV 900
Orlan Wood Gasification Boiler -Slab Disposer

711ac

Quote from: YellowHammer on February 02, 2023, 03:53:01 PM
From the picture, it doesn't have the ASV track system that I can see, more of the conventional Deere/Kubota system.
That could be an advantage to many possible customers and I could see them eventually offering both like Cat. (Used to ?) More likely imho is they're using ASV's USA dealer's as a sales/distribution foothold. That seems to have been one of their problems "jumping" in and out of the US market over the years. 

YellowHammer

The dealer network is the biggest ASV roadblock up here, there are not any that aren't rental shops.  So for at least the ones I called, rental item repair gets top priority and owners machines get end of the line.  No deal for me.  
YellowHammerisms:

Walnut Beast

This is out in Western Nebraska and what you don't want to do mulching 😂. He was lucky! 

YellowHammer

I bet that was quite a ride.
YellowHammerisms:

711ac

Huh,
Usually cats don't like water. 😆

customsawyer

Wonder which got his heart rate higher? The ride or the fire.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

stavebuyer

If it had been an ASV, I am sure it would have just climbed itself back up the bluff unharmed.  ;D

barbender

That is a situation where you realize all of a sudden how confined a skid steer cab is!😬

Tom King

I understand that cold water is supposed to be good for bruises.

Resonator

A guy did this clearing snow in the parking lot of at a store I shop at a few days ago. From what I could tell it had just happened before I got there, and he got out OK. Looks like he had a full bucket raised all the way up when it tipped.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

customsawyer

WB did that one catch on fire and he drove it into the water or did he get off balance and roll it into the water?
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!