iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Trees. They Dance.

Started by Jeff, November 12, 2021, 07:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

After a trip into Detour for some milk, and seeing how strong the winds were, I challenged myself to put the one camera I have out for an hour and use that to make a video trying to give a feel of the day. I had posted a clip yesterday that led me to making a little bit more of a produced video.

I had to make a mad dash at the end there to get the camera when suddenly that east wind was pelting the kitchen window with rain. While watching the footage back is when It looked to me as if the trees were dancing on the wind.

November Winds at the Cabin. The Trees. They Dance. - YouTube
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Yes, I would say so.  Wind out of the SW eh?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

It ran the gamut. Circular storm started out of the south east, now northwest. Someones going to get socked with lake effect I imagine. Hopefully not me, but lake effect is fickled. Ya never know.  Its died down enough ill go inspect my trails in a bit. I suspect there will be work to do.

Jeff

Well. I never went past the pond today if its any indication of the other 3/4 mile of trails.

SwampDonkey

Reminded me of them huge pines last fall on a thinning block. I got out of there before one dislodged. :D Them long limbs in the wind was like some kind of ballet or folk dances,  arms outright a flailing. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

On my land, more firewood!!
There is always something dead, dieing, fell over or just needs to be cut on my land.
Yes the trees was dancing. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

upnut

I've been tent camping UP that way for bird and deer seasons, the wind will test ones equipment and resolve! Have fun clearing trails....We call those dead trees "standing firewood inventory".... :D

Scott B.

I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!