iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WW 1 Aircraft.

Started by Ianab, November 12, 2021, 09:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

This film came up on YouTube today. It's about Peter Jackson's vintage aircraft collection. Because spare parts off the shelf aren't an option, they have gone to recreating complete aircraft from original blueprints.

Peter Jackson's Military Treasures • FULL DOCUMENTARY - YouTube

Most of the team are guys that worked on the movie sets. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

sawguy21

That is really neat to see. I am always amazed, once man discovered he could fly the advances in technology were staggering. These were only 10 years after the Wright brothers.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

woodroe

That was all very interesting. The man and his craftsmen team's passion for preserving the history is 
quite remarkable. Lots of talent involved there. The museums are really well stocked with memorabilia.
Someone has a lot money to play with and is doing something good with it.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

samandothers

Very cool!  Such different times. 

Tom King

Many Thanks for posting this!!!

Hilltop366

Thank for sharing! Very interesting.

I sent a link to my "wing nut" brother to watch and get him to pass it on to his aircraft mechanic/builder friends.

chet

That was great, I also passed it on to my pilot son.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Southside

So Chet when does the program end and you decide if you keep him as a son?  Never heard of such an arrangement but like any other pilot program it must have its benefits.  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!