Control valve for hydraulic saw on processor

Started by mjeselskis, July 05, 2022, 09:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjeselskis

Good morning all

I'm redesigning the processor I built in the thread before due to the fact that the hydrostatic pump I used to drive the saw motor is very worn.
New firewood processor build in Firewood and Wood Heating

I'm going to switch to a vane pump but that means I'll need to add the control valves for the saw motor since the existing pump is variable flow and I just control the saw motor with a cable based on that bar position

I already have a sequencing valve that runs the clamp and bar movement. I'm thinking that I can control the saw motor with a pilot operated valve using the clamp pressure as the input to control the saw motor on/off. However, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for online.

I'm hoping someone has done something similar and has some suggestions .

Thanks
2006 WM LT28  1993 John Deere 5300
Husqvarna 562XP & 365 X-Torq

beenthere

Have you looked through Surplus Center hydraulics supplies? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mjeselskis

Yes, I don't think they have what I need. Just a single spool 20gpm pilot operated valve. That's assuming my concept will work

hedgerow

In the past when I needed a hydraulic pilot operated hydraulic valve I normally went threw a hydraulic repair shop to get the block and the needed cartridges to make it happen. Ebay is also a good place to get some of these parts.  

mjeselskis

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like ebay does had quite a selection of random valves. If that fails, I'll try a hydraulic shop. I was hoping there was something readily available off the shelf.

fluidpowerpro

Try Summit Hydraulics. They usually have valves in stock.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Nathan4104

These guys sell quite a range of parts and look like they'd know where to point ya!
http://6kproducts.com/chain_saws.html

mjeselskis

Quote from: Nathan4104 on July 08, 2022, 07:34:40 PM
These guys sell quite a range of parts and look like they'd know where to point ya!
Thanks, 
I bought my saw chain sprocket from them when they were danzco. I thought they went out of business, but I guess they just changed their name.

hedgerow

Quote from: Nathan4104 on July 08, 2022, 07:34:40 PM
I am not sure what kind of luck you will have getting any valves or information on any valves from them. Years ago when I built my homemade firewood processor I talked to them about hyd motors and valves and they wouldn't sell or share any information on them. They would only sell complete saw set ups. Way out of my budget. I did buy my 404 chain sprockets and tapered hub to mount the sprocket to my motor that I used from them. The sprockets have held up well.