iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's your favorite for a cold, rainy day?

Started by Patrick NC, March 12, 2023, 11:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick NC

Huge weather pattern change brought 38° and rain compared to yesterday's 65° and sunny.  So I soaked some pinto beans overnight and started them this morning. 

(clock on the stove is wrong.😁)
 Got some homemade bread in the oven to go with the beans.  
What's your go to for a rainy day?
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

doc henderson

chili or other heavy soup, like a acorn squash bisque.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

gspren

Ham bean soup or chili with most other homemade soups close.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

samandothers

Hard to nail one food.  In general, soups, chilis or pinto beans are excellent!  I would add some onion and ham and make sure the bread is corn bread!

K-Guy

A beef barley soup thickened by the barley so it's rib stickin'.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

jb616

Grilled ham and cheese sammich and tomato soup!

WV Sawmiller

Looking at the answers above confirms the majority of the responders on this forum are overaged when the question is about favorite thing for a cold rainy day and all the responses are about food. Of course this is a family site.  ::) :D :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

So Howard your favorite is steamed sheets eh??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Do you ever feel like the hound dog chasing a car and wonder what he would do with one if he caught it? ::) :D :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ianab

Not super cold here, just cool and raining, so an inside day. Got a chunk of lamb in the slow cooker, with some veges, and will do some roast taters in the air fryer later. Home made onion gravy from the stock in the bottom of the slow cooker and we are sorted for dinner.  :)

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

beenthere

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 31, 2023, 10:07:42 PM
Do you ever feel like the hound dog chasing a car and wonder what he would do with one if he caught it? ::) :D :D
Don't think I ever felt like that. But what are you chasing?  :snowball:
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sawguy21

I really miss good TexMex. Do you like yours mild, wild, or AIYIYI? ;D

barbender

A good chicken wild rice soup will thaw the bones out.
Too many irons in the fire

Texas Ranger

Quote from: sawguy21 on April 01, 2023, 11:23:47 AM
I really miss good TexMex. Do you like yours mild, wild, or AIYIYI? ;D
depends on the restaurant and the food, mild to medium hot, but not the volcanic Anything with diablo in the title is forbidden.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

JonathanPace

A good-fashioned lamb roast with all the trimmings, with an oven-baked pudding to finish!  ;D

sawguy21

I really enjoy lamb but at our prices it is a rare treat. Beef or pork in the crock pot with fresh vegetables would sure be good if I had a roast. :)

Thank You Sponsors!