Sponsors:

Done did it!--Updated--Pics--Video

Started by inspectorwoody, November 27, 2010, 05:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inspectorwoody

Well, I pulled the trigger....

Picked this up yesterday.

93' LT30.

Guy lost his building in April so as you can see, it has been exposed to the elements.

Frame wise and machine wise etc. it is pretty decent shape.

I'll give it some well needed TLC and some parts and hopefully I'll end up with a nice mill when I'm done.

:)

TreeWinder

Congrats,  in time for Christmas
Ed
041 056S 056M
MS660 070 084
CS670
Baker 18M
Komatsu D-21-P ,
Speeco 35T

Bibbyman

Congratulations!  Looks like you've got a classic. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Slingshot

And hydraulic too! 8)  As long as the bearings and rollers were kept
greased you should be sawing with no trouble. Just make boards. :)

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Tronvik

Congrats, Your mill looks new compared to mine .Just installed new kohler 18hp on my 84' antique.
1984 lt30, john deere 750

customsawyer

Good for you. You will be making sawdust in no time.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

laffs

glad to see you have hydraulics nice little b onus
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

bugdust

And they say there's no Santa Claus! Great purchase.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Magicman

Good for you !!!  You'll have fun with that baby.

Here's a link that may help you:  https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,44419.msg639872.html#msg639872
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WH_Conley

I gotta get me one of them.
Bill

paul case

congratulations. looks good . i am looking foreward to pics of the lumber you produce and be sure to make notes here on any parts you replace. we always like to hear how good of a deal things are down the road.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Buck

Sweet! Man, get you a cover over that unit. I can show ya what they look like when kept outside and neglected.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Busy Beaver Lumber

Nothing says Merry Christmas like a nice orange sawmill parked under the tree, even if the tree it is parked under is not an official Christmas tree. Good luck with the new mill and look foward to seeing you post pictures of it in operation
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Burlkraft

Way to go Dustin!  8) 8)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

weisyboy

congratulations 8) ;D 8) :)
god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

inspectorwoody

Thanks everyone!  :)

How many of you with Woodmizers have bought some of your parts through your local hardware store?

I like how Woodmizer list the deminsions of some parts such as bolts, springs etc.

I'll give Woodmizer my business, but if I can run downtown and get a part or two I will. Help speed up the repair process.  ;D

So far the few people I have talked to at Woodmizer have been great.  :)

I'd like to give a big Thank You to ElectricAl. He helped me with what to look for on a used machine etc. Although I missed a few things, his information and knowledge helped a great deal.  smiley_thumbsup

I'm not into big of a hurry to get sawing, but hopefully sooner rather than later I will be.  :D

Chuck White

Congratulation on getting the sawmill.

It looks like it's ready to go right to work.  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Qweaver

So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

beenthere

Dustin
Where/what is the status of the circle mill you were connected with last year? Did you wear it out? :)

Congrats on the WM.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Norm

Wintergreen Mountain

Congratulations !!    nice mill    inspectorwoody    Leon
1920 Ford 4x4 tractor, forks & bucket. 2010 36" Turner Mills band mill. Cat-Claw blade sharpener. Cat-Claw Dual Tooth Setter. Cat D3 crawler dozer. Cat 215c excavator, Ford L9000 dump truck. Gardner Denver 190 portable air compressor. KatoLight 40Kw trailer mounted gen set. Baker M412 4-head planer.

Coon

Way to go on the new to you mill.  You had better get a log on the mill and get the camera out and take some pics or video footage and get it over with mate.   ;D You need to get some of that fine bandsaw dust in your blood..... you been waiting too long.  :D

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

inspectorwoody

beenthere

I still got the ol' circle. Resting easy in Natalie's uncle's barn. One day that too will see some wood.  ;)

terrifictimbersllc

Congratulations!!  You may have the only WM mill where the fenders look newer than the rest!!  8) 8)

You need to pick up the manuals including parts manuals from WM.  These will have many of the specs of various nuts bolts etc.  Also get yourself a customer #, online login and password from WM to log into the partsfinder thing for your specific mill.  There you can drill down to all the parts on the mill, there's a lot of part description stuff in that too.

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!