iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Red Bull Stratos

Started by 1270d, October 14, 2012, 02:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1270d

Just finished watching the live stream of skydiver felix baumgartner break several world records. 
Highest manned ballon flight 124000 some feet. Maybe it was more.
highest jump
fastest freefall. 700+ mph
I think it was a two and a half hour ride up and a seven or eight minute fall down
All brought into my home by web stream.  Amazing.  Can't wait to see the high quality footage from the cameras he was wearing.
information gained by this experiment will hopefully help provide our astronauts with a way of escaping spacecraft in distress if there is ever a need.

clww

I watched the entire event on the Discovery Channel. I have more than 200 jumps, but nothing remotely close to that altitude.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

Yup, I also watched it.  They really had a detailed checkoff list to verify that everything was a go.  I guess that some folks run out of something to do, but it was still exciting.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I watched the "RAIDERS". I don't thing there was enough information for NASA to gather if Astronauts ever have to escape Atlanta.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

1270d

Raider Bill

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 14, 2012, 04:04:42 PM
I watched the "RAIDERS". I don't thing there was enough information for NASA to gather if Astronauts ever have to escape Atlanta.  :)

What you talking about Willis! ;D  We almost beat the Falcons except for too many penalties and a last minute score.

I go to Atlanta for business and d rive through on way to Tenn. Not impressed.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

clww

You two should have been watching RG3! ;D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!