iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Unexpected Features

Started by etroup10, February 08, 2015, 06:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etroup10

Just bought an Ez Boardwalk 40 and it came this past Friday. I didn't get a chance to set it up till today. The mill is great and extremely well built. But I wanted to share some useful features of the mill that I wasn't expecting. The first feature was an extra bunk that could be moved around which allows for cutting short logs. Here is a picture without the extra bunk. 

Here is a picture with the extra bunk installed.

Here is the second cool feature.

It took me a little to figure out exactly what it was for then I had an idea and grabbed my cant hook.

NHLA 187th class, lumber inspector. EZ Boardwalk 40 with homemade hydraulics; Gafner Hydraloader; custom built edger, Massey Ferguson 50E, American Sawmill 20" Pony Planer; Husqvarna 55 Rancher

tmarch

Quote from: etroup10 on February 08, 2015, 06:37:56 PM
Just bought an Ez Boardwalk 40 and it came this past Friday. I didn't get a chance to set it up till today. The mill is great and extremely well built. But I wanted to share some useful features of the mill that I wasn't expecting. The first feature was an extra bunk that could be moved around which allows for cutting short logs. Here is a picture without the extra bunk. 

Here is a picture with the extra bunk installed.

Here is the second cool feature.

It took me a little to figure out exactly what it was for then I had an idea and grabbed my cant hook.

I have the same mill and when you get to looking at all the innovative features it's well thought out and yet simple to maintain.  Congratulations and now ENJOY. :)
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

Magicman

Congrats on getting your new EZ Boardwalk 40 !!!   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Joe Hillmann

I may steel the cant hook idea.

Chuck White

Congratulations on receiving your new mill!

I like the cant hook holder, my Wood-Mizer just might have one before Spring!  smiley_thumbsup

Might be in a different location though!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

hunz

Congrats, what a great feeling it is!
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

Inwoodsman

Congratulation I'm jealous. Keep Us informed on your progress and by all means keep the pics coming!!!!!

mad murdock

Congrats on the new mill and the Logrite canthook too!! 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!