iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LED's for my mower

Started by 21incher, May 20, 2017, 05:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

I just ordered one of those LED light bar to put on my little Kubota mower. Boy am I surprised at the light it puts out for under $30.00. I tried mowing after dark with the stock headlights, but they just were not bright enough to see what you were doing. I tried a couple of the round LED lights and they were better, but spot lights so I could not see to far out. I found this 20 inch 126 watt light bar on Amazon that is a mixture of spot and flood lights and decided to give it a try for $30.00 with tax and free shipping.

Well I have to tell you it lights up a path about 40 feet wide x 150 feet long that is just like daylight with only 10 amps.

I had no idea that these new LED's are so bright. Now I need one behind me so I can see to back up.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Ianab

126watts of LED light is a LOT.  8)  Probably about the same as a couple of 500W halogen floods   :D

I just put an 18w daylight LED over our kitchen bench. Nearly need to wear sunglasses there now  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Bruno of NH

Put LED back up lights on the plow truck this last winter it was the best thing.
Was like daylight
Need to see if they have Led plow lights or get a light bar
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

21incher

Quote from: Ianab on May 20, 2017, 05:37:40 PM
126watts of LED light is a LOT.  8)  Probably about the same as a couple of 500W halogen floods   :D

I just put an 18w daylight LED over our kitchen bench. Nearly need to wear sunglasses there now  :D
The existing headlights are 38 watt incandescent bulbs so they were 76 watts total, I thought going up to 126 watts would just be a little brighter, boy was I wrong. If you want to get a suntan, try one of these over your bed. ;D

Quote from: Bruno of NH on May 20, 2017, 05:44:02 PM
Put LED back up lights on the plow truck this last winter it was the best thing.
Was like daylight
Need to see if they have Led plow lights or get a light bar
I don't think the light bars are legal to use on the road, but they must make plow lights. My wife had to close the curtains in the house while I was out mowing last night. :D she said it was blinding sitting on the couch and that was from 500 feet away.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Ianab

LEDs put out about 10X the amount of light per watt compared to incandescent lamps, so I can believe it's "plenty bright".  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

breederman

looks good . You are more ambitious  than me , I have never seen a lawn that needed to be mowed in the dark. ;D I dont think I have ever even turned the headlights on on a lawn mower !
Together we got this !

21incher

Quote from: breederman on May 20, 2017, 09:08:12 PM
looks good . You are more ambitious  than me , I have never seen a lawn that needed to be mowed in the dark. ;D I dont think I have ever even turned the headlights on on a lawn mower !

With all the rain we have had lately, you have to mow it when it is fairly dry.  :)
I plan on using this style light in the greenhouse that I am getting ready to build and put a couple around the garden all hooked up to a solar panel and battery setup. They don't draw much and there is no loss from a converter to use the 110 volt LED's. I have finally seen the light. ;D

chevytaHOE5674

I have a couple of those LED light bars on my main hay mowing tractor. Last summer I mowed most of my hay well after dark and those things lit it up like noon time. Have some waiting for one of my other tractors just need to find time to get them on.

grouch

I replaced a 250W "security" light with 3 warmoon 10W LED floodlights (120VAC). Lights up a 3/4 acre pond just fine.

Have a couple of 12V LED lights for my tractor but haven't had a chance to put them on yet. I think they're 18W.
Find something to do that interests you.

Crusarius

I have that exact same light. I connected it to a computer power supply and put it on the house as a flood light. blows the pants off of all the other floodlights combined, and costs a fraction of one of them. I think next one I get will be the curved one. like to have a little more spread.

Thank You Sponsors!