iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New rumors about CB quitting production of classic?

Started by JEBIII, March 28, 2012, 12:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEBIII

Has anyone heard any more information about this.  I heard it a while back.  Initially the dealer told me they were going to quit manufacturing them in March/April 2012, but haven't heard any more about it.

thecfarm

That classic does not meet the clean air law or whatever it is. Does not surprise me that they are going to stop production of it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roger2561

More and more states are requiring they be phase II compliant.  Roger
Roger

boilerman101

I talked to my CB dealer buddy and as far as he knows, CB will continue selling Classics until there is a federal requirement that would no longer allow them to sell non Phase 2 furnaces. He said there was talk at one time that this requirement could come as early as the spring of 2012, but sounds like that has been pushed back now for possibly 1 -2 years. As many of the participants on this forum know, a number of states have imposed the Phase 2 requirement on their own already. For now, it sounds like they will continue to build & sell both Eclassics and Classics for states that allow. Both are great furnaces, having burned both models. Have to say though, I really enjoy the wood savings my E2400 is giving me.

Thank You Sponsors!