iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mobile Dimension mills

Started by timberbeast, March 14, 2001, 10:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

komsija.mica and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

timberbeast

Does anyone have any experience with Mobile Dimension Sawmills?  Mine is about 12 years old,  and has the bigger Volkswagen engine.  Up until last spring,  it was only used 5 or six times a year,  but I plan on doing a lot of sawing this spring,  summer and fall.  Mine is not trailer-mounted,  it is on a foundation on my land.  I've never had any trouble and the only thing I've done is to keep the teeth sharp on all three blades,  change oil,  and oil or grease what needs to be according to the maintenance schedule.  Anything to watch out for under heavy use that anyone knows of?  I have a 16 foot track with 4-foot endstands.  
Where the heck is my axe???

TanglewoodTimber

Yes, I have and do have experience with the mill.  I have two of them.  What can I help you with?  You are welcome to e-mail me direct or through the forum.  My name is Frank Pender, I live  just outside of Dallas, Oregon on a 70 acre timber farm.  I have been in the milling operation of the timber industry for about 12 years.   Please feel free to call me or e-mail.  Home phone:1-503-623-2015.  The best time is about 7:00 to 9:00 PM West Coast time. :)

Frank_Pender

Timberbeast,  Just thought I would drop you a line about your post ont the Forestryfourm.. I have two sluch mills and would be glad to help with any of your concerns or questions.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Frank Pender      1-503-623-2015, fax:1-503-623-2131   E-mail: TanglewoodTimber@aol.com                                      
Frank Pender

timberbeast

Thanks,  Frank!!  Thought maybe I was the only one running one of these nice machines!!  I pushed her hard all year,  and had no troubles,  kept going like the Energizer rabbit!  The only trouble I really had was keeping the sawdust shoveled out from the tie rods for the raiser and side-to-side controls.  I'm running a 12 volt gearmotor for the raiser,  and it's a bit of a strain.  No electric up where I cut.  What do you use for the raiser on yours?  (the one that lifts the whole unit up on the endstands).
Where the heck is my axe???

Frank_Pender

check your e-mail, Timberbeast. ???
Frank Pender

RSteiner

I have a Mobile Dimension 127 model saw mill that is somewhere around 24 years old.  I have owned it for the past 20 years or so.  For the first 10 years or so it ran around 25 hours a week, I worked a regular day job and sawed afternoons and weekends.

The mill has given me little trouble.  Keep the teeth sharp and the belts tensioned and you should be able to cut to your hearts content.  I have a 12 V electric motor on the riser with an added gear reduction jack shaft, it may go up and down a little slower but that's okay.

I don't even want to think how many board feet of lumber this mill has cut. There have only been two operators of this mill, the former owner and myself.  I think that makes a difference.

Randy
Randy

Thank You Sponsors!