iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Available quality chainsaw mills

Started by Colin52, May 01, 2021, 07:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin52

Are there any available?  I'd prefer to order from one of our sponsors if possible.  I know all the lead times are long, but if I could find something available in 30 days give or take it would really help.  I'm only needing stuff for 8 to 14 inches in diameter, trying to do lots and lots of wavy live edge boards,and small stock.

Tacotodd

The quality of question almost always boils down to a comparison (ratio) of what you're getting versus what you're spending, like everything else in life. 

Like: ease of assembly, ease of reassembly, weight, easy to transport, ease of in field use,.....

That list goes on much further in life the more that you use it. The bottom line IS, are you ultimately happy with it. Also keep in mind, that last (happy with quality, ease of EVERYTHING, use....) can only be done fairly when the same person has ran both in question to be qualified to compare. 

It's difficult for me to put into words what ANYONE says about whatever, I haven't walked in anyone's shoes. Just my own.
Trying harder everyday.

ladylake

I'd get a small bandsaw mill, It will cost less to run than a chainsaw mill, plus less waste, less work.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

sawguy21

I second @ladylake csms are fine for small jobs or where portability is an issue but while inexpensive they entail a lot of work. If this is the route you decide to go Granberg is probably the most popular.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!