iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My fish frying machine.

Started by gator gar, June 13, 2011, 09:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gator gar

This is a spin off from the Cajun Fryer. The down fall is that it is made in China, but is about 150 dollars cheaper than the Cajun Fryer. This Bayou Classic runs a little better than 300.00. Don't let the price scare you. This thing will flat fry some food and it don't take all day doing it either.

It is designed to not scorch your oil. It has a flame about mid way up the holding tank that runs through a piece of square tubing that is shaped like a "U" and the exhaust comes out the back of the fryer. The tubing is rolled on a 45 deg. angle, so no crumbs stay on top of it and burn. They all fall below the flame and settle in the bottom. So you can re-use your oil many, many, times over.

If you fry alot or like to entertain, this thing is a must have.. It's like a gas fire commercial fryer.

gator gar

Like I said, it's all made in China. That's probably why my regulator and my thermometer didn't work when I put it all together and tried to get it going. Anyway, I had some stuff laying around the house (That was probably chinese made) that did actually work and got it going.

LeeB

No pictures of mine right now, but it's not nearly as fancy as that. It is a home built that was made using stuff scrounged up at the rig. I use a 1/4" high pressure ball valve for a regulator and a grease zert with the ball knocked out for the burner orifice. This targets on  a 2" round piece of 1/4" plate to diffuse the flame. The plate is welded to 3 tong dies and then they are welded to a steel ring gasket. All of thet is welded to a piece of 12" pipe. The gas line to the burner is 1/4" galvinized coming in through the 12" and elbowed up under the target plate. The high pressure valve is of course, mounted outside the 12" on the 1/4 piping. From there it is high pressure hose to the gas tank which does have a high pressure regulator set to max flow. The low pressure regulators that normally come with store bought stuff just would,nt delive enough gas. Looks kinda crude and weighs half a ton, but it will be here when I'm gone. I'll try to remeber to get some pic's whenever I get home again.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Norm

I've had the cajun fryer for a couple of years myself. I've never seen a better fryer.

I have a Vulcan commercial fryer in my kitchen that can't even come close to cooking as well. Last night we had fish and chips, the temp didn't drop one bit even on a full load of FF's.

gator gar

That's what I am talking about Norm. I have never seen a better fryer either. This thing is bad to the bone and I second what you said about the temp not dropping. It will hold the temp nice and even. I love this thing.

gunman63

can u do turkeys or chickens in them, are they big enough?

Norm

Mine is a 4 gallon and no it would not be big enough to do whole chickens let alone turkeys. They do make a 12 gallon version but have never seen one.

Thank You Sponsors!