iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Compressor problems on my hvac unit...and fix

Started by Banjo picker, October 03, 2015, 03:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

For the second or third time I had a wire burn off the compressor.  We are at the end of air conditioning season.  The first time it done this was several years ago and I just put a new terminal on the wire and slid it back on the compressor.  It happened again at the end of summer two times on a different wire.  The problem was that the blade part on the compressor was wore down a little from the connection not being tight enough, so I looked for another fix.  I found several but settled on this kit.  It looked the best to me.   

It was a really well made product. 

Here you can see the problem.  Started with a loose connection and made worse when I wiggled the wires before taking off the little plastic cover....

Now it looks a lot better after a cleaning a little brushing.  About the worse part was not being able to see too good with the bifocals down that low.  Snugging the allen screw was a little tedious as well, but worth the effort. 

Here it is all done and taped up.  The wire kit was about $30.  There were others for less, but I didn't like the looks of the connection to the terminal from the pictures I could find.  Not a bad fix, just make sure you got the power off before you wiggle any wires or better yet before you take the access panel off.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

r.man

Nice looking job and I like the Y shaped insulator.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Banjo picker

Thanks, i thought others on here might have run into the same problem an could save themselves a few bucks.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Thank You Sponsors!