iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Plastic Staples for Lumber

Started by logwalker, January 23, 2007, 12:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logwalker

I was told recently about plastic staples for use with lumber. Does anyone have any experience with them? I am trying to keep my lumber and beams dry this winter. Thanks, Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Furby

Cedarman

I have used Raptor plastic staples for many years. I have had no problem with them holding tags on wood.  It takes a special stapler that they sell.  Staple costs are about a penny a piece.  But I do not have to worry about nicks in my planer.

I buy them from Utility Composites, Inc out of Round Rock, Texas
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

logwalker

Those Raptors look like What I am looking for. I wonder if anyone else is making similar to them. Thanks, Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Jeff Meyer

Raptor is the only one I have heard of and I deal with this every day.  The only other solution is a staple strip that will remove the steel staple. It is listed on my web page and works very well. 

Jeff

www.lumberpackaging.com

Thank You Sponsors!