iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pics from Christmas trip to BC

Started by james, January 09, 2006, 10:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james

here are a few pics from the trip mom and I just took to BC

a view of moms cabin and garden area from the lake

a picture of the kitchen in moms cabin with the cabnet doors she painted a few years back

a painting of my dad playing the fiddle plus a no smoking sign "if we see you smoking we will assume you are on fire and act accordingly " its just above the fire extingusher ;D

a

a picture of the cabin my brother is building with his canoe on the porch
it is about 20 feet from the lake
james

getoverit

I like the snow, but it sure is easier to deal with when you just see pictures of it  :D

Nice looking place ya got there !
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

DanG

Really nice, James.  I got all relaxed just seeing the pics.  Did your Mom do the designs on the cabinets by hand?  They look really neat.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

james

the cabnets are a hand painted design calld rosemulling (sp) that she did for a while till she had as much as she wanted around the place
james

treeboy

Hi James the place looks great, where abouts in BC were you?

james

place is located 85 mi nw of Quesnel
james

sawguy21

He has a secret location somewhere on the Blackwater River. Keeping some fantastic fishing and hunting territory to hisself. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

james

Coon

James.  I know first hand at what the area around Quesnel is like.  I used to live south of Quesnel in Williams Lake.  Loved the area but at that time the forestry situation was not as good as it is today.  There was a shortage of work out there and I came back home to Saskatchewan to help with harvest and found another full time job working at a sawmill here on the prairies.  Would love to move back out there but the wife don't like the cold there any more than she likes it here. :D 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

UNCLEBUCK

That looks and sounds like my kind of place james . I often feel like I could throw my sleeping bag in that cabin your brother is making and I wouldnt care if anyone ever found me again as I would be just fine .  Is your brother building it for you?  What ya doing with all your truckin money ? Looks like a great place up there . Drive safe and happy new year !  I can still say happy new year cant I ? How long are we allowed to say happy new year ?   :D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Thank You Sponsors!