iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clutch cover side piece

Started by Upton44, October 28, 2021, 02:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upton44

Black plastic piece that sits inside  clutch cover on a ms291.anyways lost it and wondered what is its purpose?will not let me upload a photo.found it.it is rear sawdust deflector

beenthere

Photo needs to be .jpg to upload into your gallery. Then you link to it from your post to move the photo to your post. 

There is a tutorial on the "home" page if you scroll down near the end. 

Shout out where the hangup is, and help will be on the way. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

realzed

If it's the little tab meant to sit at the bottom rear of the chaincase cover - as named, all it is there for is to direct the stream of cut wood chips that stream back off of the chain - down and away from the user as well as to direct the chips out to try and keep the chain and sprocket area a bit cleaner..
For the most part a saw can be run without it with any real dire consequences other than possibly a bit more clogged up chainsaw area depending on the sort of chips cut and the dampness of them!  

Upton44

That's it thanks,not available from stihl so I'm told.

Tacotodd

AM should work "just fine" for that. Contact Chainsaw Conservation Components and get it from them.
Trying harder everyday.

Upton44

Upton44

No go at that place taco.i will have to message them.thanks

lxskllr

I just looked at a pic, and it's that rubber piece in the back? I always assumed that was to keep the metal from getting beat up by chips and thrown chains. A piece of wood glued in there might work just as well, and would be free.

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

Thank You Sponsors!