iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM Hookaroon versus Logrite Pickaroon?

Started by stavebuyer, October 01, 2021, 03:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stavebuyer

A former employee broke my original Logrite Pickaroon using the tip as a pry bar so I am going to replace it. The intended use will be for firewood. I notice that Woodmizer now offers a similar tool with a different tip design. Comments from people who have used both versions very much appreciated.

Gere Flewelling

Sorry I can't comment to the Hookaroon.  I recently purchase a replacement point to put on my Logrite cant hook to make it into a peavy.  I believe you can purchase a replacement point for you Pickaroon as well from Logrite.  They are held in by a roll pin.  I do love the Pickaroon.  I use it a lot with firewood loading in delivery truck.
Old 🚒 Fireman and Snow Cat Repairman (retired)
Matthew 6:3-4

stavebuyer

Quote from: Gere Flewelling on October 01, 2021, 08:46:08 AM
Sorry I can't comment to the Hookaroon.  I recently purchase a replacement point to put on my Logrite cant hook to make it into a peavy.  I believe you can purchase a replacement point for you Pickaroon as well from Logrite.  They are held in by a roll pin.  I do love the Pickaroon.  I use it a lot with firewood loading in delivery truck.
He busted the housing where the roll pin assembly holds the tip which also needs to be replaced; so buying the tip plus the Machine shop labor to fix it properly would be more than just buying a new one. It is indeed a handy tool and I need to replace mine since I couldn't decline to cut a few cords of firewood for a couple of widowed sisters who have been unable to get anyone reputable to bring them any. I have borer killed ash going to waste.

Thank You Sponsors!