iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FIRE DOOR GASKET

Started by jerry sundberg, October 23, 2021, 07:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry sundberg

Where can I get a casket for the door on my Heatmor 100 boiler?
Farmall  man

Corley5

Is it rope gasket?  I got gasket for my syrup evaporator and OWB off Amazon after a Google search.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

petefrom bearswamp

I see rope gasket material kits in my local TSC store in various diameters and lengths.
My OWB is from 2005 and I have never changed the gasket with no perception of loss of  performance.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

barbender

I got rope gasket and the silicon rubber seal maker at the local farm and fleet store. BTW, a leaking door gasket will cause massive creosote buildup and plug up your chimney. 
Too many irons in the fire

kantuckid

So many places it's a tough answer. Some sell bulk off the roll by the ft, others sell brand/model kits, on & on & on...
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

thecfarm

A link that will help.
replace heatmor gasket
Any hardware store should have it. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

GRANITEstateMP

I get mine from the local hardware store. They are getting harder to find.  I buy it by the foot and get enough to do it twice. Don't forget the glue!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

mrcaptainbob

Can that rope seal be replaced while the stove's in use? If I let it die down to just coals....quick clean the  door surface, set the silicone and rope and close the door?

barbender

The silicone has to sit a while to cure is the problem.

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

barbender

I let mine cure for a day, I don't remember what the actual recommended time was. It just has to set, so you don't glue your door shut😁

Al_Smith

I've glued them back in using sodium silicate paste which is used for repairs on mufflers .Glue it back in ,shut the door and just run the heater as you usually do .

jaygtree

l&m fleet in ashland has bulk gasket rope and adhesive. fleet farm in duluth mite have bulk gasket too. jg
i thought i was wrong once but i wasn't.   atv, log arch, chainsaw and ez boardwalk jr.

Thank You Sponsors!