iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw Shortage!

Started by Outofbounds, July 11, 2021, 04:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudfarmer

Well I go through quite a bit more bar oil than that but sadly do not have a lifetime supply of chain for this saw I got last year. Enough to get by for a good while for all three saws but hate to get caught with pants down.

kantuckid

Quote from: mudfarmer on October 19, 2021, 08:57:31 AM
Tractor Supply here put out an Oregon bar/chain aisle display a while back (never seen Oregon stuff there before), most common stuff was picked clean from it in a day or two. I bought the last two 16" chains that fit my little saw (they were out of bars already) but missed all the 20" stuff I needed. About two weeks later they got one husqvarna 20" chain and I bought it, and the last 16" and 20" husqvarna bars.. This was all a few weeks ago and they still have not filled any of the empty shelf space.
In regard to tractor fluid and everything else that TSC stocks the store mgr told me last week he never knows what he'll get lately, nothing or something. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Al_Smith

I believe it's a little more complicated than just cargo ships anchored out on California ports .The entire supply system world wide was impacted by the COV thing .From my observation things like toilet paper were in short supply   but they never ran out of beer . ??? I would have thought the exact opposite .

ehp

Here TSC sold out to Peavy Mart but Im not sure the rest of the country . Its weird , I could not buy 24 inch stihl chain today BUT I could and did buy a box of 20 already made up 24 inch stihl chains at a very good price 

TonyCH

Quote from: Al_Smith on October 20, 2021, 01:43:20 PMI believe it's a little more complicated than just cargo ships anchored out on California ports .The entire supply system world wide was impacted by the COV thing .

Hi guys, a comment from across the pond: I cannot talk for all of Europe but at least here in northern corner there is no shortage of anything chainsaw related. Sweden and Germany are close so shipping is easy and quick and saws are plentiful but even Japanese Echos are available easily from stock. And so are bars, chains, oils etc. in all popular brands. Chainsaws are even on sale at some stores. Finland has a large forest industry so for example many domestic bar oil brands are available to choose from.

In fact I cannot remember anything right now having shortage. Shipping times have gone up, especially from China but to this date haven't seen any products actually out of stock any more than before the pandemic. And prices are pretty much the same too. Gas price has gone up but I think mostly because increased taxation.

Don't know why there is shortage of chainsaws etc. in USA but shipping and harbor troubles seem logical part of it. Maybe also USA models are specially made for the single market and that could cause delays in parts availability depending on global demand?

Thank You Sponsors!