iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not a Stihl Pole Saw

Started by Magicman, November 18, 2021, 05:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

As I say, Ask me in a year from now how much I like it.  ;D
The way swampdonkey keeps talking about that 7.5 battery, I will have to get one. I will have to get a bigger battery, if I get that trimmer. A trimmer I can run for a couple hours steady. That pruner I think a ½ hour is all I need at one time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I have never run a 4ah battery down with the string trimmer, hedge trimmer, nor the chainsaw.  I had the supplied 2.5ah battery on the pole saw and sawed off 20-30, 1" to 3" limbs plus felled a ~8" Sweetgum tree and still had 2 bars of battery left.

I am hopeful that I will not need to buy any additional batteries because they are expensive $$. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DDW_OR

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 19, 2021, 12:27:37 PM
Hmm, new pole saw, cup of tea out at the lean to at a fire during breaks. 8)

Snowshoes just shipped today, hopefully I can prune some before the snow adds up. ;D
snow + snowshoes = trim higher
"let the machines do the work"

thecfarm

Well that's good to know on the 4ah battery. Yes them things are pricey.  :o  
So you're saying you can use that trimmer for 2 hours steady? That is what I am looking for run time.
I only got about ½ hour with the 2ah battery that I used on the red oak limbs. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

No, I'm not saying that because I don't have enough of anything to trim for 2 hours.  Of course I have personally seen your two hours of rocks.  :o

I do have 3 of the 4ah batteries that came with the other tools I mentioned.

I have had good luck with "knockoff" batteries for my Craftsman and Ridgid drills.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DDW_OR

i have the 18v pole saw
used with a 6ah battery
lasted longer than my arms and solders

side note:
I also have the 18v Ryobi 1/2 in impact, 600 foot/pounds
was able to use it with the 6ah battery to jack-up two Dodge 3500 dually's
and swap all 12 tires. and torque the lugnuts to torque or past torque.
found a socket that fits onto the dodge jack handle extension
makes changing tires on the side of the road easy.
"let the machines do the work"

SwampDonkey

Snow's gone here today, but today's excuse is the SxS is in storage with the battery removed for winter. 8)  I can still build fires in the lean to, got lots of dry wood under cover. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

cuttinstihl

I've got the 18V version of it. For what it is, it's a pretty good little pole saw, very nice for when I don't want to drag out my Echo PPT2620
It's awful tough to beat a day out in the woods.

Echo CS590
Makita EA4300F
Holzfforma G395XP

thedoublejranch

I have a Honda pole saw with the intermediate extension, it has a load bearing harness you wear so arms are only for controlling it, but not holding it up. Its a 4 stroke, bit heavy (UMC435) Harness does have an emergency release to detach from operator.

But that said, I picked up a 20V DeWalt pole saw and absolutely love it and use the heck out of it. I was already heavily invested in the DW 20V with loads of other tools and 5AH batteries, so this bare tool was $150.
The Double J Ranch & Timber Farm.
Member "NWOA" National Woodland Owners Association"

Thank You Sponsors!