iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Worst tree form

Started by nativewolf, April 06, 2022, 07:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walnut Beast

I saved Pinocchio from getting mulched 😂. Actually the guy ran over to the guy running the machine to tell him to leave that one. 

cutterboy

Black birch in a grown up pasture.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

rusticretreater

It wanted to grow up to be a magnolia tree.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

bitternut

Cutterboy I can't believe that black birch is not in your fire wood pile. :o For sure it would be in mine. Don't think I have ever seen a crotch that low.

cutterboy

bitternut, it's on my list. I hope to get to it this fall. All the stems are good firewood size. (8-12") and black birch is a great firewood.

cutterboy

The horizontal section is not touching the ground. Think there might be any tension there? 

Nealm66

Was falling timber on the coast, south of forks Washington and saw massive devastation of about 15 year old Weyerhaeuser Doug fir super trees after one of our ice storms. Grew too fast with not enough established roots and not enough girth in the trunk was my take. They definitely grow fast and tall though. See a lot of stands that have snow break signs like spike nots or school marms where the naturally re seeded trees showed how Mother Nature sometimes knows best

Ljohnsaw

Was at Disneyland over the weekend.  So, not a natural growth but still pretty amazing.

Any idea what it might be?  I'm thinking a type of eucalyptus.

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

cutterboy

ljohnsaw, only a hardened FF member would go to Disneyland and take pictures of a tree! :D :D
I don't know what kind it is but I don't see any good saw logs in it.

bigblockyeti

Quote from: cutterboy on November 15, 2022, 06:43:11 AM
ljohnsaw, only a hardened FF member would go to Disneyland and take pictures of a tree! :D :D
I don't know what kind it is but I don't see any good saw logs in it.
Are you kidding me?  Home Depot and Lowe's would be drooling over that for dimensional framing lumber!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

cutterboy

Red maple. I think that tree might make some good live edge slabs.

TN King

Quote from: cutterboy on November 16, 2022, 11:27:25 AM

Red maple. I think that tree might make some good live edge slabs.
That's a bowl makers tree.
Timberking 2020 - Mahindra 3550PST - Titan implements -
1840's two story log home - 50x60 log pole barn with 6 stalls - Trout pond - Hardwood timber stands - fruit trees - natural springs and lots of wildlife.

caveman

Caveman

jimbarry

Old Greenhorn

That tree just wanted to be in the middle of the road, NO MATTER WHAT. :D :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Ljohnsaw

Interesting oak near me. How about that upper branch?

On my cabin property. I believe it is Aspen and will not be using it for my flooring!

Was on the Rubicon rafting last week. At one of the lodges.

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!