iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Other fuel injected saws?

Started by Wild Resources, May 17, 2022, 09:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Resources

Anyone know if Stihl is coming out with any other fuel injected models besides 500i?

realzed

There were rumors of a 400cc FI model early last year being tested in Europe - but later when the new 400cc saw materialized it turned out to be just a M model.
Maybe the FI version is still somewhere in the works - but I'm betting with Stihl, other FI models than just the 500i will eventually show up - but when and how many versions is anyone's guess at this point..
Be interesting to know if anyone has more recent news!  

Wild Resources

I would have to think stihl is pursuing other FIs. Given my positive experience with the 500i I would certainly consider other FI models.

dave86

Quote from: realzed on May 18, 2022, 03:54:52 PM
There were rumors of a 400cc FI model early last year being tested in Europe - but later when the new 400cc saw materialized it turned out to be just a M model.
Maybe the FI version is still somewhere in the works - but I'm betting with Stihl, other FI models than just the 500i will eventually show up - but when and how many versions is anyone's guess at this point..
Be interesting to know if anyone has more recent news!  
400 CC chainsaw.  Wow, that is a big one.  Is it for Hot Saw competition? 

realzed

Yea - I guess it would be - right?

Guydreads

If you're referring to the Stihl 400 c-m, it is 66.8 cc's. I've heard that they may make it injected in future.

realzed

Yep - I did read somewhere that there were FI versions of the 400 in Europe being tested and I'm sure many more versions of others in the Stihl lineup also..
Its not unusual for Stihl and every other company to do this though, and never bring the models to production - so only time will tell..
Often Youtube videos will show a model being run if it is somewhat deemed to be a valid configuration and meant for consumers eventually!

Thank You Sponsors!