iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone using a grapple

Started by 711ac, January 06, 2023, 03:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

711ac

I welded on this piece of rebar to my grapple about 10 years ago. It's about a #8 and just something on hand. 

If you've got enough machine it's real handy for bucking firewood. 

Nice working at waist level and out of the dirt. That's a beech pole from thinning. About the best firewood I have here. 

Stephen1

I have a grapple, came with my smaller 742 Bobcat, to much iron for small machine, it sits waiting for the day I get a bigger skid steer. I tried selling it but no one would give me a reasonable $ for it. 
I like your idea for the bucking 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

jimbarry

Yep. Best money we ever spent.

DDW_OR

i put one on my bobcat excavator
LOVE IT

Must have a rotator with the grapple
"let the machines do the work"

hedgerow

711ac   I buck all my firewood with a ROBO grapple made in KS. Its nice to stand up straight and buck firewood. I normally run the skid loader and one of my helpers runs the chain saw. We have been bucking wood that way for well over ten years. The grapple was one of the best pieces of equipment that I have bought for cleaning up pastures and farm ground. 

DDW_OR

what i use for firewood
2008 Multitek 1610EZ
1 cord per hour
about $18,000

this is in Wisconsin where we bought it

"let the machines do the work"

sum1

We use a frostbite grapple. First on a Kioti ck2610 now on a cat 906m loader. Works well for picking up logs and loading on the processor or sawmill.

ajschnitzelbank

Quote from: sum1 on January 21, 2023, 08:22:00 PM
We use a frostbite grapple. First on a Kioti ck2610 now on a cat 906m loader. Works well for picking up logs and loading on the processor or sawmill.
I also have a frostbite on my Kubota L4701. Non-commercial use (just my own firewood and property maintenance). I like it!

Thank You Sponsors!