iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo CS590 w/not restart when hot.

Started by deminin, January 08, 2023, 10:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deminin

I recently bought a new Echo CS590.  When it's cold, it starts easily, but if I shut it off to refuel, etc., it will not start until I let it set and cool down for an hour, or so.  I'm about 1/2 hour drive from the dealer if I need to take it back for warranty service, I thought I'd ask here for any simple things I might try before taking it to the dealer.  I've changed the spark plug, and tried both settings on the Winter/Summer "vent", with no difference.  I'm using fresh 91 octane, no ethanol fuel...50:1 mix...which seems OK in my other tools.  

Wlmedley

I had the same problem with a Echo saw I bought a few years ago.It had a five year warranty and dealer replaced coil free of charge and I haven't had any more trouble.
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter,Honda Pioneer 700,Kabota 1700

ladylake

Could be the coil, first try pulling the choke out then back in to set the fast idle which helps starting when hot.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Spike60

It's that dang auto-tune again.  :)

Steve's right on trying the high idle when restarting. Give that a shot first.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Knute

I have had the same problem with my 620p so I will give it a try also. Otherwise, a great saw.

Thank You Sponsors!