iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

McCulloch Husqvarna

Started by 5ubtle, January 21, 2023, 11:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5ubtle

A local guy is selling a used McCulloch CS 35 chainsaw that is "a couple of years old".  I am interested, so I went looking online for repair parts.  I can't find any parts.  The McCulloch website "dealer locator" doesn't seem to work.  I can't find any new McCullochs for sale online.  My searching has led me to believe that, maybe, new Macs are only sold in Europe?

Anybody know of new Macs being sold in the USA?

Al_Smith

As I understand it McCulloch motors circled the drain in 1998 or 1999 .If I'm not mistaken it's part of the Husqvarna group now .That said I have no idea where you might find parts or what models they sell .

Brian_Rhoad

The CS35 looks like the Poulan Pro PR4218 and PR4016. The parts diagrams are available for download. McColloch's are only sold in Sweden. The newer models are the same as the Poulan Pros.

CS35 Parts Catalog

5ubtle

Quote from: Brian_Rhoad on January 21, 2023, 02:16:22 PM
The CS35 looks like the Poulan Pro PR4218 and PR4016. The parts diagrams are available for download. McColloch's are only sold in Sweden. The newer models are the same as the Poulan Pros.

CS35 Parts Catalog
Thank you Brian_Rhoad!
Did you see any shared part numbers between the CS35 and the Poulan PR4X1X, or are you basing your belief solely on visual similarities.

Brian_Rhoad

I haven't compared part numbers. I know the CS50S is the same as the Poulan Pro PR5020. The only difference is the stickers.

5ubtle

Thank you again, Brian_Rhoad.

I now see that the McCulloch website "dealer locator" does work.  As you indicated, all of the dealers are in Sweden.

sawguy21

As far as I know Husqvarna dropped the the Chinese built McCulloch line along with their other entry level products, great volume through the box stores but profit margins were thin. Don't waste your hard earned cash.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

lxskllr

This is my McCulloch...

I found it in the trash. It smokes and dogs out when the bar's buried, but it's a good truck saw. If it walks off, who cares? Not sure it would walk anyway  :^D

It's a weird one. Not much info around on it. I haven't found a date with a cursory look. Recoil cover says 39cc, epa label says 42cc. Oil plug is ridiculous. Dunno why a hex bolt seemed like a good idea. I added a leather washer to stop the oil leak. Seems to work so far.

Thank You Sponsors!