iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lets do this...

Started by jeff, June 23, 2001, 07:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Hey Guys, to make this area worthwhile to future visitors, If you started the thread, go back and retitle the first post(the person that starts it has to do this) after the plant or tree in question has been positivley identified.

Example: ID just for kicks 6

change to Solved:Laurel Oak

This way, when a visitor looks at these later, it won't be a mass of confusion.

The "ID just for kicks 6" type titles are great until the plant is identified.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

OK, that's a good idea.

Jeff

Gordon

There is only one problem, if a person comes into this late and does want to try finding the leaf for him or herself then the picture is given away by the changed title. I like these threads even though I'm not doing so well but I'm learning and thats what counts.

Why not say just solved and put a post at the end of the thread clearly giving the id of the picture.

Just a thought
Gordon

Jeff

My way of thinking Gordon, is that it can be used to help I.D a tree the person is searching for. Someone comes into the forum looking for a thread about honey locust, he is going to be able to find it easily. By leaving the titles as "ID 3" the potential is great for having worlds of info in there that people will just pass up.

As fun as this is, I think we might get a lot of these, and to just have our little forum code names would be, to say the least, baffleing to a visitor needing some info.

Gordon

Very good point Jeff, it does make in much better if doing a search for a certian tree.

Gordon

Thank You Sponsors!