iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Softener Salt ?

Started by Autocar, April 10, 2011, 12:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

I have a couple buckets of water softener salt can I dump in back in the woods for a salt lick for deer or will it hurt them ?
Bill

WH_Conley

Works fine, maybe dig a small hole then put in salt with some water, gives it a chance to soak in.
Bill

Tom

Don't waste it!!  It works good in an ice cream freezer too.  ;D

Autocar

Bill

Chuck White

Some places it's illegal to put out salt-licks for the deer!

Like NY!

But many do it anyway!

Salt is Salt!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Rocky Brook salt springs.

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

I like to start my salt licks with water softener salt . Then I put a mineral block after a month or so with more softener salt.   :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ron Scott

It's currently illegal here. It's considered baiting and there currently is a ban on baiting in Lower Michigan due to CWD issues and concerns.
~Ron

SwampDonkey

Bovine tuberculosis and chronic wasting disease seems to be a big problem in the west. I know some western provinces and Ontario ban deer feeding or baiting. It's not law here in NB, but will be eventually. TB wiped out the woodland caribou in NB. Up along the Tobique River is a disaster waiting to happen from disease because of feeding. Nothing will be done until it happens. A day late and a dime short as they say.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

When I put salt out for the horses I will make up a sign tellin' da deer not to come. :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Thank You Sponsors!