iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ash makes a nice floor

Started by HORSELOGGER, March 20, 2004, 07:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HORSELOGGER

This is a 800 sq ft floor I ran for a local guy that put an addition on his house this winter. I went by his place a couple of days ago to see the finished floor. Here it is
it is a 2 1/4, 3 1/4 pattern. He installed it himself and hired a local flooring guy to sand and finish. It has 2 coats of some type of epoxy finish. It reminded me of a oil type finish, looks real nice in person.
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

old3dogg

That is a cool looking floor.I like the contrast between the dark heart wood and light sap wood.
Im thinking about putting down a Cherry floor using rejected blanks from the company I work for.
The rejects are because of sap.
Again.Neat looking floor.
Mike.

Patty

That floor is really beautiful. I'll have to take a 2nd look at some of that ash we cut last year!

You will really like the cherry for flooring, old3, we used it in our living room, leaving alot of the sap wood in it, I think it turned out very nice. I like the contrast, and the way it has darkened over the past couple years.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Den Socling

That floor does look nice. It looks like Hickory in the photo. I, too, like the contrasting colors. If somebody wants their wood to be 'uniform', let them use plastic!  ;)

Too bad we lost a link in that little ruckus last night so I'll bring it back.
http://www.wideplankflooring.com/ash.html
These floors are beautiful and the ash surprised me.

redpowerd

way to go horselogger, i just scrapped my maple floor plans for ash, and its all your fault. ill forgive you if you come lay it down ;D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

old3dogg

I cant wait to get my dig cam so I can show you folks the gun cabnet and hutch that we made fron rejected RO.
I mean they were gonna burn this stuff in the boiler for a few small knots and worm holes!

old3dogg

Here are some pics.I hope anyway!
Thank God for 15 year old daughters!

I am being told that my files[pics] are to big.
How can I make them "fit"

Den Socling

Mike,

Ask your daughter to follow Jeff's instructions for uploading a picture.  :D  :D  :D

Den

old3dogg

Den.
Gee buddy.You are getting funny in yer old age ;)
Where would a guy find Jeffs instructions without the help of a 15 year old?

Den Socling

AtLast

Floor looks GREAT...Ash is pickin up on the market....believe it or not veneer ash is in somewhat of a demand....so grade um carefully ;)

Thank You Sponsors!