iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NYLE question for exhisting garage

Started by AtLast, March 21, 2004, 09:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtLast

The way we are set up is a 45' x30 main pole barn. Right next to that is a 20'x20' garage and next to that is a 12' x 30' "garage" all of which are under 1 roof. I want to use the 20'x20' for drying. I was looking at the NYLE systems and need to know what I need to do to incorporate this area for drying. It has a typical garage door and the walls are insulated but the ceiling is open to the rafters. What more would be involved to set this up right?

mhasel

I'm interested in any ideas too as we may try converting a small shed here on the farm that has electric for use as a learning process kiln :P

Mike

Joe_Beaulieu

I need a little more information on the existing structure.  

What type of insulation is present?  Interior sheathing?  Exterior sheathing?  Concrete floor?  Door dimensions? (width and height),  Available ceiling height?

What species do you want to dry and how much each month?  Will it be green or air dried?  I need to get an idea of the equipment requirements.

AtLast

The 20x20 is not insulated it is metal all around and has a typical garage door. The floor is cement. Will be drying a varity off woods. has rafters but is a 14' ceiling to top.

Don_Lewis

Read the thread on insulation here. But there are other ways to insulate. Just avoid fiberglass, mineral wool, white foam board and stick to expanded polystyrene or polyisocyanurate

Thank You Sponsors!