iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Last loads for awhile

Started by jwilly3879, March 31, 2014, 08:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwilly3879

The roads are officially closed to anything over 6 tons as of today. Got permission to haul tomorrow morning.

This is a load of hemlock I helped the fellow logger working off the shared road get ready for tomorrow morning. It will be the last until the roads are reopened.

The melting is underway and running over our truck road but still frozen underneath.

Happy mud season to all!

JoeB

Howdy, I gotta' ask....what do You do with that size hemlock? Cordwood, fire-wood? Nice process size, sorry, live in sandland south jersey. I've never seen hemlock, Thanks!

BargeMonkey

They have been so busy up north the driver hasnt come down to pick up the 4 loads ive got sitting roadside. Your sending your pulp to finch ?  Hemlock that size and hollow or full of "shake" is really only good for wood pulp. Big business up north. Thank a logger for your toilet paper...  8)

jwilly3879

Hemlock is cut 17'6", goes to Finch Pruyn in Glens Falls. Truck goes through the slasher and they cut it about 4' and then its off to make high quality paper.

BargeMonkey

And then you get a -tiny- check for lots of work. 4 trips on my forwarder to fill a truck and pup.

IMOWOOD

Im in the same situation.  Job has been shut down for two days and im already going nuts.  We have about 4 loads of hw pulp and another 3 of pine that is going to have to sit for now.  Wont weigh nothin once the roads open back up

luvmexfood

jwilly3879. mighty nice of you to help out a fellow logger. Hope he doesn't forget and returns the favor sometime.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

NS logging

going in at 2:00 am to get last two trailer loads of saw logs off of one job--it's supposed to get down into 20s tonight (we can haul when roads are froze in maine)

jwilly3879

That pile of Hemlock was bigger than it looks in the picture. Trucker hauled tri axle + pup and there is still a tri axle load left. That would make that pile about 21 cord. They were nice Hemlock, big and all about 70' where they were cut off. He had to limb them all though, not cold enough to just back them up.

We try to work together and help each other out. He was stuck with no loader so I brought ours (slid is a better word) down the hill and helped him out. It would have been pretty dangerous to cut them up without the loader, he had quite a pile of tree length that he stacked up with the grapple skidder.

Woodhauler

Quote from: NS logging on April 01, 2014, 07:17:01 PM
going in at 2:00 am to get last two trailer loads of saw logs off of one job--it's supposed to get down into 20s tonight (we can haul when roads are froze in maine)
Thats a iffy subject when you can haul!  At 24-5 degrees after all this rain and warmer weather they will most likely ticket you if they catch you! The law is below 32, no standing water and solidly frozen!Is charlie h hauling your wood?
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

NS logging

I don't disagree with you  about being iffy, but if the road isn't wet, i'll argue with em.  we hauled 3 trailer loads this morning...gonna try for two more tomorrow morning.

no it isn't Charlie.  Right now, Rusty Goodwin out of Ellsworth area is hauling for me.

Hard to believe the extra opportunity this winter created for cutting wood

Thank You Sponsors!