iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I love the Stihl 2-in-1 file

Started by Brad_bb, January 06, 2018, 08:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

I was a bit skeptical, but I bought one yesterday.  I'd just hit a screw in a slab with my chain and it wouldn't cut.  I did about 5 strokes per tooth and that baby was as sharp as new.  Impressed.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

samandothers

I did go out and check to see if near by hardware/Stihl dealer had them they did. I have just spent time sharpening a chain and filing the drag/rakers.  I'll see how this does next time out.  Hopefully I'll get a bit more time and get away from Christmas bills. I'll probably get one. I have a feeling it will be a good $40 investment.  My sharpening ability is very so so.

Brad_bb

The next thing I need is a bar vise set up.  I have a Triton superjaws XXL that I use for debarking and cleaning the live edge on slabs.  I'm going to see if a bar vise can be held with the superjaws.

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

John Mc

I use a stump vise a lot. When I'm at home, I sometimes hammer the stump vise into an old chunk of 2x6 and clamp that in the "workmate" sawhorse/worktable thing I've had kicking around for years.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!