iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 266-272 Tillotson carb ??

Started by Cut4fun, February 23, 2007, 02:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cut4fun

I have a Tilly carb that has the numbers like this  S 222A607, I am assuming it is a HS carb but I can not find any reference to a Tilly 222A.
I can find 222B and 224A. Does anyone know what this carb came off of or is S222A607  maybe HS. Was pulled of a 272 Husky but the numbers dont come back to that saw.
I am in need of another carb just like it for the bolt pattern and idle screw reasons. Any info?

Cut4fun

None of those have heard of the carb in question above. I use mowers4u for all my carb parts. Emailed Baileys, they dont show anything either.

So as of now, I want to try and find a Tillotson HS 260A carbs for a replacement. If anyone has any to get rid of, please let me know, needing rebuilt is no problem.

Kevin

It's not this one ... ?

HS-22A     DG-5HS/T     RK-23HS

http://www.m-and-d.com/TI-HS-260A.html

Cut4fun

Quote from: Kevin on February 25, 2007, 08:23:51 AM
It's not this one ... ?

HS-22A     DG-5HS/T     RK-23HS

http://www.m-and-d.com/TI-HS-260A.html
The carb has this S 222A607. So i dont know if its the same as the one you listed. What did that HS-22A  run on? Thanks for your help and links.

Kevin

I can't say what it was on but I suspect it has been discontinued and replaced with another HS.
Can you rebuild the carb or does it need replacing.
A replacement carb for a 272 shouldn't be difficult to get.
The original must have a substitute.
Why can't you just order a replacement carb from Baileys for a 272?

Cut4fun

This carb had the idle adjustment screw built into the carb just like the HS260A has. The later 272's had idle adjustment screw built onto the side of the saw and screwed in to adjust idle. The ones i am needing have the idle screw on the carb.
Need carbs and will take extras at this point. TILLY    HS260A   S222A

Kevin

Can you not find a rebuild kit for it?
What's wrong with the original carb?
Can you adapt a new carb to the old saw by reworking the idle screw?

Thank You Sponsors!