iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Farewell

Started by JV, December 17, 2011, 08:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JV

It was a tough afternoon as I attended the funeral of a lifetime friend.  He and I went back a long time.  Dispite several adversities during his lifetime, he never lost his sense of humor.  He left behind 3 daughters and several grandchildren and a lot of friends.  He lost his battle with cancer this week, a battle he thought he could win despite doctors indicating otherwise.  We never got into any trouble we couldn't manage to get out of including tormenting his younger sister, who was our favorite target.  He was the best man at my wedding 45 years ago.  He was the kind of guy you definitely trusted to watch your back when needed.  I regret not spending more time with him the last few years, always seemed to miss conections.  I feel there is a huge void in the world tonight but will cherish the memories.  Save me a seat old buddy.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

customsawyer

Sorry to hear of your loss.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

sawguy21

Friends like that are rare, I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. Cherish the memories.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chuck White

Always sorry to hear such news, my condolences!

As already expressed, "Cherish the memories"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

John,

I am very sorry to hear this.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Buck

Condolences....I know what you're going thru.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

CHARLIE

I'm sorry you lost a good friend. Please accept my sympathies.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Norm

Boy that was a tough read JV but I'm sure your friend is looking down on you with a smile for that great post remembering.

Burlkraft

Sorry JV
It's tough losing those long time friends.

My condolences
Why not just 1 pain free day?

WH_Conley

Bill

OneWithWood

My condolences, JV.

It is always hard to be the one to say good-bye.  In time the memories will invoke more smiles and joy than feelings of sorrow.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Warbird

He's no longer in pain and he's won the biggest battle of them all.  You are lucky to have had such a great friend and judging from what you wrote about him, he was lucky to have you as a friend.  You have my condolences.

nas

My condolences JV

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Thank You Sponsors!