iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

View from my OWB

Started by thecfarm, February 13, 2011, 05:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

This is what I see when I fill my furnace

Than these turkeys come in and clean up what the deer left behind.

We've been feeding deer for 10 years about.The turkeys only moved into our area about 5 years ago.But this is the first year that the turkeys found where we feed the deer.The step son is buying grain for deer down in the woods.What feed I buy,I feed them up by the house.Than I take his feed down into the woods.The turkeys have not found that area,yet.He turkey hunts too,so are all getting fat for the kill.Not a real busy year with the deer.Most years we can look out just about any time and see deer eating.Most times anyways from 3-6 will come off and on all day long.We have seen 14 at one time,but most times no more than 8-10 is not uncommon to seel.This year early morning or early evening is just about it this year.The turkeys only found the food a few weeks ago.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

That's awesome! We have lots of these guys, and bear too, on the land we just bought up in the mountains.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Mooseherder

SwampDonkey

The first wild turkeys I saw this far north was a couple down by Bangor. I have seen turkey down in VA, but the Maine ones were the furthest north. Someone has released them even further north as some have been sited in Florenceville and near Perth, NB. We don't have much for oak up here and the beech are dying. I don't know when ironwood sacs drop, but I suspect before snowfall. Maybe they can feed on birch and alder catkins like grouse.  Quite a big bird though to climb out on birch branches. :D Not a single deer track around here in winter, just moose.

Nice view Cfarm. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Nice view. I always like looking at food  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

CX3

John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Chuck White

Nice!

We used to feed as many as 20, or so deer in our backyard, along with 35-40 turkeys.

Then, the D.E.C. in their infinite wisdom outlawed deer feeding.

We're sure it was all politically driven and also, the auto insurance played a major part.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Depends to on what was fed to them. Not everyone understands their diet. Feeding hay to a deer is a death sentence, just a for instance. But if feeding them brings them into high traffic areas, I can see the concern. A deer in the grill or windshield is not pleasant.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

No major roads at my place for the deer to cross.Probaly the busiest road is 2 miles.One direction would be 10 miles before you find any tar.I live on a dead end dirt road.I'm feeding them Record Buck deer food.Smells like raspberries. Some guy at work has 40 deer coming.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Autocar

Great pictures ,its fun to watch wilflife.
Bill

Stephen1

Nice view of the wild life, I have 7 turkeys that come in for our acorns, and down to the lake for as drink, when it was open. I saw the other day that they came and scraped away the snow under the big white oak looking for acorns.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!