iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

just looking for some feedback

Started by bl73, February 14, 2010, 11:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bl73

I'm looking for some feedback in which saw has performed better for some of you. I have a jonsered 2165t and a stihl 361 I use both these saws to cut firewood. I cut about 50 to 60 face cords a year and really only need one of these saws, my limbing saw is an 009L which is getting pretty tired and need to replace it, due to the economy i have to sacrifice one of the other saws to do this, my question which saw would hold better in the long run from your past experience. I was thinking about replacing the little guy with an echo, dolmar, or another jonsered. Don't get me wrong not putting stihl on the list but the local dealer is very hard to deal with and the other dealers bend over backwards to make ya happy.

peppone

for "one hand saw" I like echo. and even tanaka.
you're invited to visit my forum all about chainsaws:
http://lamotosega.forumattivo.com/forum.htm
saluti
peppone

Al_Smith

Oh there's another option if you choose to do it .Rering that little 09 and it might run for years .

Some folks are under the assumtion that if you rework an engine it has to be factory perfect .Not so . If you bring it back just halfway between factory fresh and tired and get a few more years out of it ,you're still ahead of the game .

I've done rather minimum repairs on saws rather than complete fresh rebuilds because with the price of all new parts it would exceed the value of the saw .Most if not all of them are still running today in spite of that .At least the owners seem content with them .

celliott

Was either the 2165 or the 361 bought used? which is in better shape? older? newer? these would be the deciding factors for me in keeping one or the other.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

bl73

both saws were bought new, i had a 026, 310, the little 009L and thats the reason i bought the stihl 361, which i had alot problems when the saw was new. I went out on a clearing job and the company used mostly jonsereds and most were the 2165 they all ran problem free so I went and bought one new, the 2165 has been flawless but after I gave the 361 to a logger i know it hasn't missed a beat either, thats why it's a tuff choice

567paloggger

if you sell the 361 let me know the price thanks

fishpharmer

Don't know anything about the other models, but really like my 361.  And glad to have you here on forestry forum. Welcome.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!