iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I need a suc/ pige/ guin/ I mean volunteer to help me.

Started by Jeff, January 01, 2009, 04:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMERC

Quote from: Jeff on January 03, 2009, 12:22:59 AM
Go for it.  :)  Use the upload or insert photo link below your posting box to get to the new uploader.

nothing happened...
DIIK what to do...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

stonebroke

Ron Wenrich

You need to have an album first. 

What the heck is DIIK?  I don't speak text.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

Since I see the XAT label on the photo, I know you never tested anything. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

Texas Ranger

Jeff

No secret, just go to the upload page with the link under your post box, and you can now upload (for the most part) a full sized photo and the forum will do the work for you.  No more messing around having to learn how to optimize in order to upload. You still however have to get the photo from the gallery to the post, but most can conquer that. :)

You posted while I was answering, but I'll post this anyhow.

isawlogs

Ya a two shnake(s) of all things ... sheesh , no deers out there ...  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

IMERC

oh yes I did....

tried to insert a simple photo several times...

twice I got an IE failure....
or
went to a album site.... several times....
FWIW... I tried the photo on the palm piolet..
with two freezes.. just closed the window...

guess it's not meant to be....

Jeff

There's no way a palm pilot is going to work. Some systems, especially older systems or systems where java had either not been installed or has been unistalled won't be able to do it either. More then likely you need to download java for your computer.

IMERC

picture of a palm piolet....
it makes light of moderen technology....

I now have 11 albums... that pic won't load to...
I'll leave it all alone...

Larry

I tried the new thingy and don't like it...because I'm a antique.  My PC is old but I am running XP with Java.  The first thing it did was prompt me to download a applet which I did.  Only took about an hour.  To install it I was supposed to download a Java update to replace my old Java version.  No way on dialup...a Java download would take 12 hours? if all works right. :(

Kathy has a new PC...I'll try her machine...next time she leaves town. ;)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Jeff

You still have the option to use the old way. The applet should have taken no more then a minute  even on a slow connection. If it was slow, it was probably do to computer processing, not  the downloading.

Dale Hatfield

Firefox and Java loaded  but the box below shows up for a second and then goes away
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

Kevin_H.

the java uploader seemed to work ok in Google chrome, but I had to copy and paste the link as it would not add the pic to the post automatically when I asked it to.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

dail_h

I can't even delete the pictures from my camera the idiot kid I had helping in WV took. I'm afraid ta even try :( :( Think I'll take a hint from Dang,'n go cogitate on it a while
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Jeff

Quote from: Kevin_H. on January 05, 2009, 11:28:00 PM

the java uploader seemed to work ok in Google chrome, but I had to copy and paste the link as it would not add the pic to the post automatically when I asked it to.

That needs some tweaking. The reason it didn't add it is probably that you ended up with ANOTHER tab open after the original upload tab. You can only have the code go back to the window that spawned it, so if you were in the third tab, you were once removed from the original call for the code.  I know, that dont make sense, but I'll try to see if I can do some tweaking to the system to improve it.

Kevin_H.

Jeff you are right, by the time I tried to add it to the post I had 3 tabs open.

It is still way easier than resizing, compressing and uploading.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Warbird

Quote from: Kevin_H. on January 06, 2009, 12:07:57 AMIt is still way easier than resizing, compressing and uploading.

Yes, it is.  I love it!

beenthere

Many thanks to you Jeff, for rigging up the new pic java uploader. And as well, tossing in the choice to do either way. Appreciate you tackling the job, and ironing out the wrinkles that we come up with.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Texas Ranger

Now if you could just do the same with a windoz movie..

Thank You Sponsors!