iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new lt15 questions

Started by KDEC19, August 29, 2009, 09:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDEC19

Well today was just great.  cleaned out shop and put together my new lt15 plus two bed extensions.  Also got the electric speed control.  All went well.  Have a few questions for any one that can help

First:  the manual height ajustment.  when it is on say 12 inch on the bed it is on 12 on the scale.  when i move it up to say 25 inch it reads 1/16 more than 25 inch on the scale.  Is this slight deviation normal?  Basically the unit gain maybe a 64th everyfew inches up the scale.  If set on one reads one....if set on 24 blade from bed  reads 24 1/16..

Next.  Does the roller on the side arm away from cantalivered head wear the paint off frame?  Seems to have worn paint off and have not even sawed yet!! Kind of crushes the paint and then it falls off.  Is this normal for the lt15?

Well that is all for now.  Have to level the whole shibang in am and should be sawing after lunch.  Have to go harvest some logs out of the forest!!  Me and the kids can not wait....Can you say chicken coop

gonna do it again......

Magicman

I can't answer your questions but I can say Congratulations on your new mill !!!   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Don K

Yes, the side arm will rob the paint off. there are two felt wipers on the arm and one long one on the roller side. they will benefit occassionally from a little auto. trans. fluid as well as a shot on the clamps where the lever contacts the adj. arm.

On the manual scale it allows for blade kerf. Set it on 1" and it should cut 7/8". If you want a full inch you will have to use the magnetic 4/4 scale you got with the mill. It is too much trouble to try to compensate on the man. adj.

There are plenty of LT 15 owners here so ask away about anything. You most likely will find the answer here.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

zopi

I didn't get mag scale with my mill...but they are pretty easy to make...take a cheap aluminum
yardstick and an engraver and engrave the intervals in..then paint it and wipe off the wet paint
so you can see in poor light..(I NEVER saw after dark :D) some stick on magnets on back and yer good to go...can make em for whatever you want...4/4 with allowance for planer...whatever.

One thing I have done religiously with my LT-15 is to hit all the exposed moving parts with WD-40
or light oil after I wash the mill down and dry it..sucker looks new after two years...granddaddy always swore by greasy machinery..."Can't git too much grease in the movin' parts son!"
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

backwoods sawyer

Nothing is harder on a piece of equipment then having to much grease left in the grease gun at the end if the day. Keep it well lubed, just keep the lube off of where the wood will make contact.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

bandmiller2

You can always tell a lazy sawyer his grease gun is rusty.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

WDH

On my LT15, there are only two grease fittings, one for each blade guide roller.  Auto transmission fluid applied to the rails and mast and chains keeps everything working well. 

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!