iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

corona virus swab test

Started by thecfarm, June 04, 2020, 04:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

That's how it was done here, drive up and call reception when you are in the car park.  Nurse or Doc in PPE does the swab in the car park, and you carry on. Don't need to go into the building or talk to anyone else. When things were serious they had drive thru tents out in the car park. 

Issues seems to be the backlog in processing tests. (limited lab capacity?) If you don't know you are positive for 5-7 days, heck in that time your family could have come down with it too, AND spread it to others. Find out in 24 hours, then you can warn your close contacts to isolate / get tested BEFORE they spread it on. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

gspren

I'll need to get the virus test middle of August before a routine colonoscopy that was postponed back in May, the CV test must be taken 5 days before the butt scope, not 4 days or 6 days but must be 5 days, they were very clear on that.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

doc henderson

yes the goal is to do it soon enough to get the results back, so covid is not brought to the hospital for a routine test, but with a small enough gap, given the incubation period to not get exposed after the cv test and be contagious at the time of the colonoscopy.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

stavebuyer

Quote from: gspren on July 28, 2020, 02:06:13 PM
I'll need to get the virus test middle of August before a routine colonoscopy that was postponed back in May, the CV test must be taken 5 days before the butt scope, not 4 days or 6 days but must be 5 days, they were very clear on that.
That was the reason for my swab test(colonoscopy) but they wanted the swab test done Tue for a Thursday morning procedure even though the paperwork read 4-6 days like yours. I got my colonoscopy on the schedule in a weeks time. The morning they did mine the prep nurse told me I was the only one on my surgeons schedule that day. Two years ago all 3 of the surgeons in their practice had the whole ward lined up. Glad I got done before they shut down electives again. Got a clean report...5 year follow up this go round! Won't miss the prep on darn bit LOL

Sedgehammer

Got my covid test yesterday for my surgery this mornin. Nasal swab. What a head rush. Doesn't hurt really, but overwhelms your senses. Tear'd me up, head wood spin. Then I donated blood since I was off my asprin for an antibody test.
Our friends who were pretty sick this spring had their blood tested. They tested positive with antibodies. Kinda weird though, we watched their baby boy through it all and we never came down with anything.
Necessity is the engine of drive

thecfarm

Had some blood work done today. A1C. Much better this time, 6.9!!!
Three months ago it was 8.9.  :o
Whatever I am doing, I will keep doing it.   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mike_belben

Quote from: Raider Bill on June 04, 2020, 05:25:50 PM
Quote from: WV Sawmiller on June 04, 2020, 05:12:27 PM

doctor had him drop trou around his ankles, bend over and he sprayed him with the most painful spray he ever felt. 

Wonder what he was spraying him with.
Glyphosate.  Sounds like it worked too!
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!